Weird speeds and game versions

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
SoBo

Weird speeds and game versions

Post by SoBo »

Hello Jussi, generally everyone knows that DSJ is Online for me, but today i watched some jumps Offline, and this is strange.Firstly, the game version,secondly, the amount of jumps.How is it possible, that someone beats Offline WR after 20 jumps using a different version of the game ?Most players make 1000 jumps, and improve the record by 2cm, and others after the 13th are they breaking the record by 50 cm? There's a lot of it, this is your game, and you should take care of it so that cheaters can't play, but they do.To make things easier, I'll give you one example, find the rest yourself and there is a lot of it, whether Offline or Online, have a look Klingethal Aleks Bełkowski 14 gate and his speed 89.8 km/h, Tomasz Karciarz 89.3 km/h like the other players.We know how it works, and what will you do with it? This speed can be obtained from the 16th gate, and the kids do it from 2 gates below.Clear rules, one (valid) version of the game, and zero tolerance for cheaters should be implemented immediately, ban all cheaters, and believe me, there are plenty of them.

If you are interested in the topic, let us give some more examples, but it's up to you.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
aleksiq4229

Re: Weird speeds and game versions

Post by aleksiq4229 »

why do my answers were deleted?
I'm not gonna stay quiet, this is my response.
And Km/h stuff were reachable easily, me and Adieg "tested" the hill.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Speed bonus for perfect take off - is that possible? I am genuinely asking, I've never noticed that before. Is it doable on all hils or just some?
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Tom2

Post by Tom2 »

According to my and Maciej Sylwestrzuk's knowledge and memory, Jussi changed speed measurement method starting starting with DSJ4 v.1.1.1 (look up the changelog between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1), because there was some bug with 0km/h speed which he fixed back then, although not affecting the jumper during the inrun phase. So now the differences are way larger than they were before (at 1.1.0, speed difference between max 2.5m/s wind and 0.0m/s was somewhere around 0.3-0.4km/h).

That meant, for example, Bartek Drozdowski's PB from Lahti HS130 before these changes had 87.1km/h inrun speed, after them: 87.8km/h.

Thus, the calculation now may be even more complex than just wind based. Nevertheless, the differences are still much much less than DSJ3 (per average 1km/h difference per every 1m/s change).

And last but not least, if you ever jump offline more than 100 times, you will notice these speed differences rather quickly.
DSJ3 TL: 7755.36m (#39), peak: 1325 (#490)
DSJ4 TL: 3550.97m (#3), online: 3506.29m (#11), peak: 1942 (#5)

DSJ3 PB: 318.88m (#19)
DSJ4 PB: 242.88m (#2)
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

MikesCZ wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 10:38 Speed bonus for perfect take off - is that possible? I am genuinely asking, I've never noticed that before. Is it doable on all hils or just some?
I've sent some replays on dsj fans, and not only me have jumped with 89.8...
go check the server or maybe ask me to send these replays to you.
SoBo.. what kind of cheats is this?? :lol:
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Tom2 wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 12:13 And last but not least, if you ever jump offline more than 100 times, you will notice these speed differences rather quickly.
Ok thanks for explaining. I never paid attention to the speed and I have x thousand jumps on some Jussi hills offline :)
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Tom2 wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 12:13 According to my and Maciej Sylwestrzuk's knowledge and memory, Jussi changed speed measurement method starting starting with DSJ4 v.1.1.1 (look up the changelog between 1.1.0 and 1.1.1), because there was some bug with 0km/h speed which he fixed back then, although not affecting the jumper during the inrun phase. So now the differences are way larger than they were before (at 1.1.0, speed difference between max 2.5m/s wind and 0.0m/s was somewhere around 0.3-0.4km/h).

You were the only one who read it and understood it.Anytime, anyone who in the "computer game", makes modifications, uses different versions of the game, in the case of Deluxe Ski Jumps is changes gravity, in most people's opinion he is a common fraud, and should be excluded from the community.When I was younger, i had been saying for years that Haikonen was a cheater, and a lot of players knew about it, and what did Jussi do about it? Nothing, i won't write why, but see the difference for yourself how many jumps do you do yourself, to beat WR Offline, sand how many jumps do 12-year-olds need? 70-140 ? I don't know a more determined person who is Mariusz Paweł, i know how many months/hours he needed to jump at least 1 cm further from the cheater, just to prove that determination, skill and persistence will win over something that no one could do for years, until suddenly, so easily without any problems, "children" group jumps 20% further than Haikonen, having long forgotten that his jumps were made using various cheats, and we lived to see the times where the best in the history of DSJ Offline, they made 2k jumps each they had a wind of 2.4/2.5, they stay magically weaker by 1 meter,by people jumping in the wind 1.9/2.0.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

Ok, but still, what does speed do with cheats???
And why are you discriminating anyone, who is better than you? You are incredible :lol:
As I said, come to DSJ FANS, I'll show to you that I'm not cheating, and it surely will hurt you that you're not the "mr. god" :)
Jacek Michalak

Post by Jacek Michalak »

The difference is that Mariusz Paweł has 3558TL and these "12-year-olds" have 3540+
keep crying in the Sobo jumping game because you are embarrassing.
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

Jacek Michalak wrote: 20 Dec 2023, 22:12 The difference is that Mariusz Paweł has 3558TL and these "12-year-olds" have 3540+
keep crying in the Sobo jumping game because you are embarrassing.
And they don't get the right to have so many good records!!1!!
cheaters11!!!1! :lol: