DSJ4 Steam Page Concept

General discussion about DSJ4.
J4cob

DSJ4 Steam Page Concept

Post by J4cob »

My own DSJ 4 Steam Page concept. Keep in mind, that this is not real Steam Page, and just a concept, suggestion

(a little blurry game preview image, but that's all I could do)

Achievements:

1. On Board!: Start Deluxe Ski Jump 4
2. We Are The Champions: Win the World Cup
3. Better Together: Win Team Cup
4. Small Time: Jump over HS point on any Small hill
5. Planica Master: Jump over 235m on Planica HS215
6. Season Warmup: Jump over 145m on Kuusamo HS142
7. Eddie the Eagle: Win Online World Cup
8. I'm Just Warming Up: Win at least one competition in any Online World Cup
9. All-Star: Get (idk how elo ratings are calculated in DSJ 4) -- ELO rating
10. You Can See Me: Post custom hill, apparel or any custom outfit in the workshop
11. No More Gibbon For You: Beat a World Record
12. Character Creator: Create your first Ski Jumper
13. Perfectionist: Score all 20.0 marks after completing the jump
14. Defeatist: Score the lowest marks possible after completing the jump
15. Medium-Size: Jump over HS point on any Medium hill
16. Ski Flying: Jump over HS point on any Large hill
17. Meet Your Maker: Meet Jussi while playing Online Mode on any server
18. Hard Rock: Win the World Cup against highest difficulty CPU

EXCLUSIVE ACHIEVEMENTS for other new concept features:

19. Hunt-A-Duck: Take any record in Record Hunting Mode
20. On Top Of The Game: Win 1v1 mode with any Steam Friend in the friendslist.

EXCLUSIVE FEATURES CONCEPT:

- People who bought the game through the website, would be able to swap the keys from Non-Steam to Steam version
- Record Hunting Mode
- Change / Hide your own registration name, or name in the record leaderboards (Steam version only)
- Wind / Gate points in Singleplayer World / Team Cup
- During an ongoing World Cup in Singleplayer / Team Cup you'll be able to add more jumpers / teams to participate, or delist them
- Steam forum activity / helpdesk
- 1on1 Mode: Invite a friend to your Steam Lobby and Play 1v1 World Cup on your chosen custom / official hills
- DSJ 4 own Workshop page on Steam, where people could post their own custom outfits, etc.:

The best thing about publishing the game on Steam, is you can directly ask Steam employees for codes to implement to your game (like a code to implement functioning Steam lobby) or you can ask them any questions and they can help you.

I hope DSJ 4 can appear sometime on Steam! You can post your own concept features that you would love to see (as a concept ofc) if Steam version would be in works.
Last edited by J4cob on 15 Dec 2023, 14:08, edited 1 time in total.
aleksiq4229

Re: DSJ4 Steam Page Concept

Post by aleksiq4229 »

so that means, if dsj4 will "come out", I will have to buy the game again??
J4cob

Post by J4cob »

aleksiq4229 wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 12:26 so that means, if dsj4 will "come out", I will have to buy the game again??
No, it's just a "concept". Concept is like a suggestion. Photos are photoshopped & I put inspect element to make it more realistic. I even put a disclaimer in the first paragraph that this picture is not real but only a concept :)

No, I don't think it would work that way. I think it would be nice if Steam version would come out you could ask for the Steam key too if you already bought it and just activate the game on Steam by getting alternate key / or using the same key.
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Nice work! Steam would make the game much more visible to the world. It could attract people outside of Europe and outside of Ski jumping fans.

AFAIK you don't have to buy again. Existing players can usually keep playing on "non-steam" version of the game. It all depends on how it would be configured and if Jussi would continue to offer standalone installation file.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
J4cob

Post by J4cob »

MikesCZ wrote: 15 Dec 2023, 14:40 Nice work! Steam would make the game much more visible to the world. It could attract people outside of Europe and outside of Ski jumping fans.

AFAIK you don't have to buy again. Existing players can usually keep playing on "non-steam" version of the game. It all depends on how it would be configured and if Jussi would continue to offer standalone installation file.
Yeah, or just if somebody bought it through Mediamond, would request a Steam key too if you'll prove that you've actually bought the game. Im wondering how registration keys would look like there.
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

Demo type of game is not good to be on steam maybe, but it will at some point save some game pirates.
Jacek Michalak

Post by Jacek Michalak »

Good idea!