24/7 online servers

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.

Which servers would you like to see added?

Small Hills
20%
Medium Hills
20%
Retro 80s
13%
Retro 90s
20%
Super Ski Flying
27%

Total votes: 15

Xinitiao

24/7 online servers

Post by Xinitiao »

Currently in online there are following 24/7 public servers:
  • WOT Large hills
  • WOT Normal hills
  • WOT Ski flying
  • Warm-up No rating
  • World Cup
  • WC- DSJ2
  • WC- DSJ3
  • WC - Fictional
  • WC - Old New Hills
  • WC -New New Hills
  • WC - Official 24 Hills
  • WC - Real
  • WC - Retro
  • WC - Ski flying
Of 14 servers, 7 consist of only or mainly WOT hills. Meanwhile fictional non-ski flying hills or real small and medium hills or retro hills only have one server with a huge pool of other hills to contend with (respectively 30/46, 30/128 and 24/83).
In light of this I propose the following servers:
  • Small Hills server - one of my favourites, back when it was a private server open for all. I think it should be brought back as an official one.
  • Medium Hills server - also underutilized, but maybe a dark horse?
  • Retro 80s and older - for retro and fictional hills with profiles designed for the II style
  • Retro 90s style - for retro and fictional hills in the climate of the start of Małyszomania
  • Super Ski Flying - for hills on which you can fly over 300m
Feel free to post below if you also would like to see some different servers in online or if you have any other ideas for new ones.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
SoBo

Re: 24/7 online servers

Post by SoBo »

When you start listen to the players? and you will fix it winds online, maybe someone will vote. Without it it's a waste of time.Who will play the "game", in which 60% are back winds, and rest are back but weak, one answer ............................

This game doesn't need more hills, needs repair may you not understand this too late, remembering that it's a game, and the game should give you joy, smile, and the desire to turn it on again, but it's quite the opposite.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

So your suggestion is a "for fun" server with only 2.0 frontwinds? Of course the records on that server shouldn't count for fairness sake but this idea is a very interesting one...
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
aleksiq4229

Post by aleksiq4229 »

retro 80's would be nice
Mariusz Paweł

Post by Mariusz Paweł »

Xinitiao wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 14:14 So your suggestion is a "for fun" server with only 2.0 frontwinds? Of course the records on that server shouldn't count for fairness sake but this idea is a very interesting one...
Are you suggesting that 15 hills with a 2.5 backwind is ok? If there are so many for 32 hills in a season why not a single one with frontwind? No factual argumentation. The records from the time 2011-2020 when these conditions were fair have been broken for a very long time ago and no one here is talking about winds for world or individual records just only about the correct distribution of conditions on 32 hills in a single season - when me or someone plays 3 seasons daily (96 hills) its not funny to jump on maybe 1-3 frontwind (from 0,1 to maybe 1,5 - not event close to 2.0).

The best fact is that me or the higher commenting SoBo plays practically every day, you are not seen by anyone in the game but you try to demand as if it concerns you but the facts are that you are not even a current player.

Mariusz Paweł [POL]
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

Xinitiao wrote: 29 Nov 2023, 14:14 So your suggestion is a "for fun" server with only 2.0 frontwinds? Of course the records on that server shouldn't count for fairness sake but this idea is a very interesting one...
Where did I suggest that?

BTW, there is great interest in the new hills, everyone is waiting for them :) Maybe there is little interest in DSJ Online because there are too many hills ? or are there constant back winds? .........probably both options........
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Xinitiao wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 22:01 I propose the following servers:
There is always the option to buy your own server, make it publicly accessible and put the hills you like into it - create your own "medium hills" server for example. So you could support Jussi and the community this way.

Imo there is quite small amount of players online, and they usually scatter across these different servers, so with more servers it will be scattered even more.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

MikesCZ wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 10:55
Xinitiao wrote: 28 Nov 2023, 22:01 I propose the following servers:
There is always the option to buy your own server, make it publicly accessible and put the hills you like into it - create your own "medium hills" server for example. So you could support Jussi and the community this way.

Imo there is quite small amount of players online, and they usually scatter across these different servers, so with more servers it will be scattered even more.
Yeah, but I heard that you can only change server settings via emailing Jussi and so 40€ is a pretty prohibitive price for such a limited functionality. But, if there was an ui so that you can change server settings on the fly, Just like in offline, then I would definitely consider buying one. And if there were other options, such as ability to put CPU players in a server and an ability to put whatever hills you want, even unverified ones, then I would definitely buy one or more servers :D

Also, from what I see, players tend to cluster on servers on which other players already play, so increasing the number of servers shouldn't change much with regards to that as most of the servers would still be empty, just like nów.
Lurker since 2001
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Yes you heard correctly. I pay for the Czech community private server that's in the lobby and any changes needs to be done via email. I also told Jussi that UI for maintaining such server would be great and more people would probably buy :p

I would love the ability to arrange my own scheduled cup instead of 24/7 non stop cup. Imagine third party WOT :D
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!