Controller support

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
daskeladden

Controller support

Post by daskeladden »

This has probably been suggested before but this game needs controller support. Makes it much more playable in a living room environment with friends (8bitdo is a wonderful thing). Using the right stick on the controller instead of dragging the mouse should work pretty good. By the way Deluxe Ski Jump and Skispringen (last version 2007) is the only good Ski jumps games.

Hope this is coming in the near future.
Martin Kafka

Re: Controller support

Post by Martin Kafka »

I was also thinking about this recently. It will probably never make the priority list of a game that's so heavily PC focused but I agree it would be really nice to have. Not for competitive gaming for sure, but laid back offline sessions in front of a TV connected to PC via HDMI would make for a cool little alternative. The analogue stick should translate x and y axis movement pretty well.

Also, any status update on the spectator mode? I'm thinking maybe just a small additional 'Watch' button next to 'Join'. Pretty please?
J4cob

Re: Controller support

Post by J4cob »

Martin Kafka wrote: 31 Oct 2023, 14:08
Also, any status update on the spectator mode? I'm thinking maybe just a small additional 'Watch' button next to 'Join'. Pretty please?
My wet dream.