Ideas and suggestions for the next update

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Lawrence

Re: Ideas and suggestions for the next update

Post by Lawrence »

Hi.
1. It would be great to let players customize record lines (WR, HR, OR and so on) with the colors they want to. The same like suit colors.
BananuDX

Post by BananuDX »

Hello ;) My suggestion - add a "Q" letter to the bar with the distance, score, place and judges notes after jump, when this jump gives a qualification (in qualifications)

A nice option would be the ability to filter custom outfits, skis, etc. and possibility to select jumpers before each World Cup competition ;)
Jagoda8002

Post by Jagoda8002 »

Hello, I would like to add two suggestions to 1.12.0:

1. New flags:
List of territories that could receive a flag:
• Åland Islands
• American Samoa
• Anguilla
• Aruba
• Bermuda
• Cayman Islands
• Christmas Island
• Cook Islands
• Curaçao
• Falkland Islands
• Faroe Islands
• French Guiana
• French Polynesia
• Gibraltar
• Greenland
• Guam
• Guernsey
• Hong Kong
• Isle of Man
• Macao
• Montserrat
• Norfolk Island
• Niue
• Northern Mariana Islands
• Puerto Rico
• Sint Maarten
• Turks and Caicos Islands
• Virgin Islands, British
• Virgin Islands, U.S.

2. Ability to add custom flags to judges.
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jagoda8002 wrote: 01 Apr 2023, 23:08 Hello, I would like to add two suggestions to 1.12.0:

1. New flags:
List of territories that could receive a flag:

2. Ability to add custom flags to judges.
If we have custom textures already, why not then make 3-letter flag codes editable in xml and let players play with whatever flags they want?
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

• Introduced new inrun parameter [γ1,γ2]:
Would be nice if we were able to add more than just one inrun angle, where γ1 stands for an inrun angle on gatestairs area, and γ2 for the rest of the inrun. That would not only helped us with recreating some of the specific real ski jumps that use different γ1 and γ2 values (that as an example old Holmenkollen or Odnes had), but we could make greater and more fancy fictional ski jumps as well. 8)
Kaliak HM

Post by Kaliak HM »

LikeTacos wrote: 09 Apr 2023, 00:41
  • Introduced new inrun parameter [γ1,γ2]:
Would be nice if we were able to add more than just one inrun angle, where γ1 stands for an inrun angle on gatestairs area, and γ2 for the rest of the inrun. That would not only helped us with recreating some of the specific real ski jumps that use different γ1 and γ2 values (that as an example old Holmenkollen or Odnes had), but we could make greater and more fancy fictional ski jumps as well. 8)
good idea, I would use it in a certain hill as it has 2 gammas
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

I'd prefer fully custom inrun profiles, using line, arc, polynom etc. Some inruns were even more interesting than only 2 gammas ;)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

Okay! Even more customization with inrun profiles sounds even better!
kasztan11

Post by kasztan11 »

Xinitiao wrote: 09 Apr 2023, 18:23 I'd prefer fully custom inrun profiles, using line, arc, polynom etc. Some inruns were even more interesting than only 2 gammas ;)

In most cases, the inrun profile is not so complicated that you have to create it manually, using polynom3, line etc. In my opinion, for a hill with two gammas and r1 (with a normal circle radius) the parameters γ-a, γ-b and r1-a, r1-b (and the X coordinate for r1-b) are enough.

The example of Odnesbakken profile: Image Image

Perhaps a completely modifiable inrun profile would be useful for hills with different inrun parabola than just a circle radius (if this can't be implemented to the default inrun creator). More and more modern hills use cubic parabola, which gives a completely different effect in the game than in reality, which causes some problems in creating hills. Even hills with a regular circle radius look a bit different in the game.

The example of the new Trondheim HS138 and the old Oslo HS128, which also uses two gammas. Image Image
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I think the best approach would be to support inruns in two formats: the current one and a fully custom one. The current format is easy to use and covers majority of hills where as the fully custom one would cover the rest.

Adding extra attributes to present format would still impose limits. The hill certificates also don't always completely define the shape of the profile with the given attributes.
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 21:13 I think the best approach would be to support inruns in two formats: the current one and a fully custom one. The current format is easy to use and covers majority of hills where as the fully custom one would cover the rest.

Adding extra attributes to present format would still impose limits. The hill certificates also don't always completely define the shape of the profile with the given attributes.
Sounds good. Thank you everyone for positive feedback :)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 21:13 I think the best approach would be to support inruns in two formats: the current one and a fully custom one.
That's great to hear :D
If possible, I'd love to have these formats extended to dhill and outrun too :)
Lurker since 2001
kasztan11

Post by kasztan11 »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 11 Apr 2023, 21:13 I think the best approach would be to support inruns in two formats: the current one and a fully custom one. The current format is easy to use and covers majority of hills where as the fully custom one would cover the rest.

Okay, calculating profile coordinates with CAD software and other tools is not a problem for us. Also now it is easier to get a more accurate hill profile with more detailed data than the FIS certificate. Any kind of more modifiable hill profile sounds good to me :)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

New FIS rules change: new hill type - Giant hill - HS 150-184 m - so the automatic classification of the hills in their in-game description needs an update :) (points per meter stay the same - at 1.8 )
Lurker since 2001
kasztan11

Post by kasztan11 »

Xinitiao wrote: 06 Jul 2023, 10:05 New FIS rules change: new hill type - Giant hill - HS 150-184 m - so the automatic classification of the hills in their in-game description needs an update :) (points per meter stay the same - at 1.8 )
Even better solution would be ability to select the hill category, meter value and table point in XML. There are some hills in the game (with hidden HS-point) with incorrectly interpreted values ​​per meter - for example Harrachov K180 is interpreted as a large hill and Wisła K105 as a normal hill. Editable table point value would be useful for hills used under the old rules, where the table point was located at P-point or between P-point and K-point.