Save camera settings by hill

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Dangerous Dave

Save camera settings by hill

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I use the F1 camera and some hills are very inconvenient to jump at from the default camera angle. Currently there is an option to save custom camera settings globally and switch to the default camera if needed, but since the positioning differs very much on some hills, having 2 camera angles to choose from sometimes isn't enough.

For this reason, it would be very useful to have the option to save camera settings by hill instead of globally, and auto-load these settings together with the hill. That way, players wouldn't have to change the camera angle all the time, or re-learn how to jump from a different camera like F2 - they could always jump from a good camera angle they're used to.

It would also be useful for imitating real life TV cameras on each hill without having to set them up every time.
MikesCZ

Re: Save camera settings by hill

Post by MikesCZ »

Great idea! I use f2 and for some hills I don't see the takeoff well. Would be awesome to be able to configure camera on each hill separately.
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

I think that's an awesome idea!
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
MikesCZ

Post by MikesCZ »

Jussi - any thoughts on this one?
Name: Michal Kala
Nation: CZE

Support the game - buy it and come join us online!
Dangerous Dave

Post by Dangerous Dave »

I remembered this idea again after Sunday's fictional hill tournament, where I had trouble with the take-off and landing at some of the hills, and I wasn't the only one. It may seem like a little thing, but I feel like it would drastically improve the playability of some hills - especially the very small ones, or any hill with an awkward take-off/landing camera angle.

I'd really like to hear Jussi's opinion on this.
SoBo

Post by SoBo »

I wrote about it 5 years ago, not feasible.Same as with the wind, on 32 hills you have 25 maximum back winds, then you have the WR gate with wind 1.0 ​
side, but the Jussi says that we are the ones who invent, and his statistics show, that we are stupid and we think so that back winds are front winds.
PEAK : 1946

Online Total length 3531.47m