Templates for custom outfits & bibs

Discussion about custom outfits & bibs
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Templates for custom outfits & bibs

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Templates for the custom outfits and bibs are available at the following locations under your Windows user's Documents folder:

<Documents>\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Custom Outfits\Bibs\@Template
<Documents>\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Custom Outfits\Collars\@Template
<Documents>\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Custom Outfits\Faces\@Template
<Documents>\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Custom Outfits\Goggles\@Template
<Documents>\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Custom Outfits\Helmets\@Template
<Documents>\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Custom Outfits\Skis\@Template
<Documents>\Deluxe Ski Jump 4\Custom Outfits\Suits\@Template

Make a copy of the desired @Template folder and start creating your own outfit textures / bibs!

Notice: Editing texturing of boots is not possible yet. I will probably add it later.
Andrej šunkar

Re: Templates for custom outfits & bibs

Post by Andrej šunkar »

Jussi, I don't understand these instructions at all, I click on CODE, select everything, then the link below is colored and I don't know what to do now, I can't copy it, so I have no idea, I tried several times, I read it, but I don't understand anything at all. Im asking for help?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 21:19 Jussi, I don't understand these instructions at all, I click on CODE, select everything, then the link below is colored and I don't know what to do now, I can't copy it, so I have no idea, I tried several times, I read it, but I don't understand anything at all. Im asking for help?
The code just means that custom outfits are located in your Documents folder, just like i.e. custom hills :)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Andrej šunkar wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 21:19 Jussi, I don't understand these instructions at all, I click on CODE, select everything, then the link below is colored and I don't know what to do now, I can't copy it, so I have no idea, I tried several times, I read it, but I don't understand anything at all. Im asking for help?
I clarified the instructions a bit.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

My understanding is that this folder is supposed to have jumper gear, but the folders are empty now, except for a @ Tempate folder in some. But I don't understand how to get equipment, say a custom helmet. I tried to copy the helmet to the folder, but when I went to the program, there was nothing, where you click on upload in the pop-up window, it is empty, I don't even know what to write to search. With the hills, it's quite easy, you copy it to a folder and it's already there?
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Jussi Koskela wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 20:33 Notice: Editing texturing of boots is not possible yet. I will probably add it later.
Are there plans for gloves & bindings?
Andrej šunkar wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 22:31 the folders are empty now, except for a @ Tempate folder in some.
You need to make the textures yourself, or download them from the internet :)
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Xinitiao wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 22:34
Jussi Koskela wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 20:33 Notice: Editing texturing of boots is not possible yet. I will probably add it later.
Are there plans for gloves & bindings?
Maybe. Bindings are quite straightforward and the textures would be easy to edit without 3d modelling tools, but the gloves might be trickier. I have tried to keep the UV mapping such that it's easy to jump in without prior experience in texture modelling.
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

I'm not clear on making a copy of the desired @Template folder. I understand by copying the @Template folder next to it, there are two in the folder which I don't know why, it changes nothing. So far I can't create because I don't know where and how, and the helmets and skis I have don't work here, so I don't know where to get them?
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

It's not that difficult. If you have a folder with texture, just paste it in any folder like Bibs, Suits, Goggles, Skis, etc.
Last edited by Maciejo-96 on 28 Nov 2022, 00:01, edited 2 times in total.
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Andrej šunkar

Post by Andrej šunkar »

I believe it's not hard if it was like the hills, copy paste. When the version came out, I think on the 1. 10th, two hundred hills were immediately available, which you just copied into a folder. Here, you have to create it first, which I don't know how to do, and there is nowhere on the web to bring and paste them, or I can't find them. I suggest that on the Mediamond website there is also a portal for equipment for jumpers, such as for hills. Otherwise, it's nicely done, I secretly hoped that the guiding line would be changed, but whatever you say, it will also have to be survived, and if by chance I didn't survive, it would say, I die because of the red guiding line. :D
SangreSani

Post by SangreSani »

Hey,
How to handle goggles?
The frame, interior and visor templates are the same.
And when I make DSJ use textures, they are completely opaque. The "transparency" slider does not do anything. I tried to make half-transparent pngs etc., but it's not respected ingame either.

I also tried to make a texture just for goggles strap, and not texture the goggles themselves, but it's not possible. It applies the empty template to the goggles.

Everything works as expected, but goggles are weird and I don't know how to texture them.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

SangreSani wrote: 08 Dec 2022, 18:05 Hey,
How to handle goggles?
The frame, interior and visor templates are the same.
And when I make DSJ use textures, they are completely opaque. The "transparency" slider does not do anything. I tried to make half-transparent pngs etc., but it's not respected ingame either.

I also tried to make a texture just for goggles strap, and not texture the goggles themselves, but it's not possible. It applies the empty template to the goggles.

Everything works as expected, but goggles are weird and I don't know how to texture them.
You can check from C:\Program Files (x86)\Deluxe Ski Jump 4 v1.11.1\Data Files\Outfits\Goggles\Default how the built-in goggles are done. The frame texture should have fully transparent part in the middle (in front of the eyes). This part will be covered by the visor. The transparency slider affects only the transparency of the visor texture.
clemente

Post by clemente »

Nice jussi