Summary of activity of Hill Inspection Team

General discussion about DSJ4.
Xinitiao

Summary of activity of Hill Inspection Team

Post by Xinitiao »

As I was an active member of the hill verification committee/hill inspection team from its beginning (April) to this December and have been on a break for the last month and having been just unilaterally removed from the team, I thought to provide a summary of the workings of the inspection team during this time, especially this winter season.
Here is the summary of the activity of all members counted as number of checks performed on hills which were accepted/rejected this winter season as of three days ago:
Active members:
Areen 33 hills 19 hashes 62 dsj2/3
Hubex 23 hills 14 hashes 11 dsj2/3
kasztan 13 hills 13 hashes
marcinos 4 hills 7 hashes
mask 0 hills 3 hashes
Mensix 20 hills 0 hashes
ms 48 hill 31 hashes
pangik04 41 hills 43 hashes
Tom 12 hills 8 hashes 40 dsj2/3
WA 6 hills 5 hashes
wojtekschiller3 53 hills 54 hashes 51 dsj2/3 (of which dsj3 reworks were his own work)
Non-active members:
Barti 5 hills 14 hashes 31 dsj2/3
JTH 2 hills
Xinitiao 36 hills 18 hashes 6 dsj2/3
BLusiak 8 hills
grzegorz 1 hill
Zibi 1 hill 2 hashes
Catillac 1 hill

As you can see, even when taking a break for over a month I still am the fourth most active verificator (excl. dsj2 and 3 hills, in which case I'm 5th).

The most notable achievements and events of the Hill inspection Team this winter season are:
  • Veryfing 72 new hills, 72 new hashes, all dsj2 reworks and 8/40 dsj3 reworks
  • Creating a verification process and criteria documents, which became apparent on the first day that they were full of loopholes and are insufficient for HIT and hillmaker use
  • Having only two members involved in the creation of the above mentioned documents (W.A. and me; with W.A. having the final say)
  • Implementing literally zero changes in the criteria or process documents which right now:
    a) process allows for checking one's own hills, overwriting each other in the verification spreadsheet, no mention of how to process already approved hills for which faults were found and tells the members not to appreciate the effort which was taken in order to create the hills and more
    b) the criteria which enforce flag proportions but allow for example for a dhill which isn't visible from F1 camera
    Neither process nor criteria describe which cameras should be used to evaluate playability of the hill
  • Even though the documents above are lacking, some committee members still have blatant disregard for them, the most obvious example is accepting a new version of Szklarska Poręba HS315 by Zibi (who is not a HIT member) when I have pointed out before the discrepancies in the hill versus the criteria and there were zero accepts in the verification spreadsheet at the time of the approval
  • On the other hand, hills which are fully compliant with the criteria aren't being verified because of some members personal tastes ( which aren't included in either document but the documents make no effort in mitigating this - the personal tastes are always the main reason for quarrels in the committee)
  • Ignoring new hills and hashes which were not made by HIT members i.e. Jena HS143
  • Unveryfing without valid reason hills Dubrovnik K40, Radom HS118, Gilowice HS19, Lech am Arlberg K110
  • Delaying adding to online hill Cyców-Kolonia Druga K88 because one gorisek thought "the outrun is experimental" and said that only after the first batch of hills were added
  • Gorisek members mocking on various streams various hills for not conforming to their personal tastes
  • Lying to me about verification of the hill Bichlbach K90 - it was promised to me that the hill would only need lowering the takeoff trees, and after doing that and more visual updates, they decided to not verify after all because one gorisek playing from f2 thought that f1 was unplayable, after making a poll in the committee, where the majority of f1 players thought that the takeoff was ok, the hill still has not gotten the checkmark back.
And personal achievements:
  • Members Areen and ms publicly mocking me on stream with other goriseks for being in their opinion "too active"
  • Member Barti, who has announced some time ago that he resigns from HIT, and yet he is still is marking himself as checking new hills in the spreadsheet (presumably to avoid responsibility for what he's checking)
  • Member mask who is the administrator of the official dsj24.pl discord publicly suggesting that the HIT members who check flag proportions have autism
  • Member ms for checking Bichlbach's profile and construction three separate times and only noticing that the takeoff is flat and in his opinion shouldn't be on the fourth check
As I found out a month ago that the trust and respect that I have placed in the gorisek bros and the committee was misplaced, I took a break from being involved in the DSJ community. I thought about it for over a month and I see no future in working for free with people I don't trust and who have no respect for mine and others' work. I have uploaded the last finished hill I had to the dsj24.pl site and checked if the hills for which I had objections have been fixed, after which I have been unilaterally removed from the committee without notice. It was a honor to work with you, Jussi, in betatesting the 1.10 version (although I don't know how much of my feedback made it to you or been shown as my feedback) and I'd be more than happy to help in making DSJ even better, but I can't see myself working with the gorisek bros anymore. If there is any other way I can help in improving DSJ please message me.
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
lucek24

Re: Summary of activity of Hill Inspection Team

Post by lucek24 »

Ok.
VinesX

Post by VinesX »

Goriszki
RZYMDZIO

Post by RZYMDZIO »

XD
TOP #3 ONLINE (3521.95 m)
2 OFFICIAL WORLD RECORDS ONLINE
1 OFFICIAL WR OFFLINE
LikeTacos

Post by LikeTacos »

cool but I don't remember anyone asking
.slander.86

Post by .slander.86 »

You can't accept the fact, that one of your hills is not ranked, so You behave like 12 yrs old kiddo. Pathetic. It's sad, how one of the best imo hill makers just go down...
(...)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

.slander.86 wrote: 13 Feb 2022, 13:15 You can't accept the fact, that one of your hills is not ranked, so You behave like 12 yrs old kiddo. Pathetic. It's sad, how one of the best imo hill makers just go down...
It's the easiest to miss the whole point and reduce everything to only one small part...
Lurker since 2001
Better player than Garrean (for around 25 minutes at a time until he tries harder)
.slander.86

Post by .slander.86 »

That's a point of view of lurker on forum and discords. You and Lechoo in every post shame Gorisek Bros, spoiling DSJ community. Why both of sides can't get along in private space?
(...)
Xinitiao

Post by Xinitiao »

Idk if @Lechoo is pleased or insulted with that comparison :lol:
Lurker since 2001
Lechoo

Post by Lechoo »

@Xinitiao

Definitely pleased :D
.slander.86

Post by .slander.86 »

I don't care about it just like you two don't care about my opinion :) But still, because of you two it's hard to read forum, so many useless posts and topics.
(...)