Turbo mode

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
GomerPylee

Turbo mode

Post by GomerPylee »

Hi!

Thanks for a great game which I first discovered as a student 20 years ago (getting old). After a very long break I started playing DSJ 4 in april`20. Loved it since, and kudos for adding new/third party hills.

One thing I did not like though was the extended waiting time between each jump and when results are viewed. Found them long even at 5 secs, especially with what seems to be an increasing number of jumpers who just have to wait a few seconds to jump on top of that. It might just be me, but maybe there are more people that want to jump and not stare at the screen waiting? Could it be possible that 1 of the servers/game modes was a "turbo" world cup with less time of waiting?

Regards
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Turbo mode

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I raised the time limit of competition start list screen from 5 to 10 seconds due to increased hill loading times of some custom hills.

Here are the current settings for non-stop servers:
timeout_waitplayers = 10
timeout_showstartlist = 10
timeout_jump = 40
timeout_showcompetitionstats = 5
timeout_showcompetitionresults = 5
timeout_showcupstats = 5
timeout_showcupresults = 10
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Another idea which I heard was to require "Ready" signal only from certain percentage (e.g. 70%) of players to proceed. Any comments on that?
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Another idea which I heard was to require "Ready" signal only from certain percentage (e.g. 70%) of players to proceed. Any comments on that?
Would be nice as well :)
GomerPylee

Post by GomerPylee »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Another idea which I heard was to require "Ready" signal only from certain percentage (e.g. 70%) of players to proceed. Any comments on that?
Absolutely. I discussed it with a few guys about a week ago. Launched the idea in chat, and it seemed like quite many liked it.