Slowdown yes or not?

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Cvetko Stanisa

Slowdown yes or not?

Post by Cvetko Stanisa »

Second "hot" discussion form dsj.airco.com/pl

Some players use for better control of game slowdown program, to make game slower. This was a reason for online version, to make the game fair for all (to all the same rules - comparison of results). The game was before dependent on computer speed. Faster computer - faster game. And so is comming to slowdown programs. Almost all best player actually don't want to play, because the game is to fast for precise jump (new WR) and slowdown don't work (?!) with ver. 3.1.5.

Jussi mean, that is unrealistic and unfair to play with slowdown. Only one speed for all (like online). And i see a problem if somebody have a slowdown and somebody have'nt it, this is still unfair! But if some people like jumping with slowdown and some people like to jump in real speed, i still don't see any reason to don't implement this to the game (only for not-online competition, of course)! And comparison of results (hill records) in this case? Visible level of speed by witch a player jump new record.

And your opinion? Different level of game (jump) speed - yes or not?
Torsten

Re: Slowdown yes or not?

Post by Torsten »

Cvetko Stanisa wrote:And your opinion? Different level of game (jump) speed - yes or not?
NO!
The only reason for using SlowDown-Progs was: Others use these programs too .. So if it is impossible for all it is much more realistic (and fun!) jumping in real speed ...
JJB79

Post by JJB79 »

No Slow Down!
It's kind of cheating.

In real life you are also not able to slow down the speed. On certain hills i am only a few meters away of WR without slowing down the game!
Vid

Post by Vid »

I also think that slowdown isn't necessary. You can jump about 10 meters shorter than WR in every hill in realtime.
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
Vik

Post by Vik »

No slowdown!!!
Marko

Post by Marko »

Vik wrote:No slowdown!!!
agree
Ats

Post by Ats »

Vik wrote:No slowdown!!!
Word.