DSJ4 #INTERVIEWS

General discussion about DSJ4.
Szymon11

DSJ4 #INTERVIEWS

Post by Szymon11 »

In this topic I will post interviews with the best players about their actual disposal in online or offline. It will contain Q and A converses and single statements, expectations, feelings about given tournament or cup...
There will be three categories:
SHORT INTERVIEW (6-10 questions about lastest things)
EXCLUSIVE MATERIAL (more than 15 questions about virtual ski-jumping and much, much more)
QUOTATION (quoted short and translated text written in non-english discussion, if you are not Pole and if you have something interesting to share, just send me translated message ;) )
Stay tuned! :D

FREQUENCY: TWICE A MONTH (if I will be able more often :D)
You can tell me with which player you want the interview just now. Please, do it through private message to not charge the topic :wink:
Last edited by Szymon11 on 18 Jan 2015, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.
Peak: 1835
Total length offline: 3535.16 m
Total length online: 3500.20 m
Former online world record holder: Wisła.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
Szymon11

Re: DSJ4 #INTERVIEWS

Post by Szymon11 »

BARTEK WINCZASZEK: I actually think that is not small suprise.

No doubt, Bartek Winczaszek is one of the best DSJ4's players ever. It is likely that he can succeed this season because he is the leader of World Cup 14/15 and he has maintained over 1700 rating for weeks. See what he thinks about the latest World Cup events...

Me: First of all I want to gratulate you. You are the leader of 2014/15 World Cup. What is your receipt for jumping like that?
Bartek: Thanks. I don't think that I have 'the given receipt' for that. I try to clean my mind the best I can, keep calm when I jump and what it is so important, I don't jump too offensive to avoid fails. Additionally, thirty minutes before every tournament, I jump on the online servers to check whether all goes as it ought to. My opinion is that many players should to do that because 'the hurriedly jumping' is not profitable at all.
Me: Are you a little bit self-suprised that you are above Maciej Sylwestrzuk in the general classification? Or do you think that is not such a big sensation?
Bartek: I actually think that is not small suprise. Nevertheless, several WOTs ago he was nearly unstoppable and it was even hard to be second for me. Unfortunately, his lack of winning recently is due to some factors: one is an internet connection, another time he has the lags, which are the causes of his late take-offs and not qualifying to the second round. I think that one WOT can cause that Maciek will quickly return to his form.
Me: Will you totally focus on World Cup? If no, does that mean you want to conquer all the tables (laugh)? What are your expectations in Four Hills Tournament?
Bartek: The most important think for me is both World Cup and Marathon. Due to low frequency, I will not rather participate in Nationals. My weaker party is Ski Flying, so I don't have any bigger chances for winning. I will be fighting for the podium but TOP5 will be satisfying enough. By the way, I have a hope that this year the Tour de DSJ will be organised, I would like to win this event certainly. However, I am not sure, if this Tour will start...
I won't be able to participate in whole 4HT so I don't expect marvellous place at the end.
Me: What are your aims in online game (records, achievements)? Tell me if you want to make your Total Length in offline game better after/during the season?
Bartek: In particular I focus on World Cup as I said and beating my peak [1870, 3rd place now - addition], although it will be almost impossible with this frequency. Of course, I would like to beat some online WR's soon but I don't have a willingness and a motivation for this like it was for example one month ago... If we are talking about offline game, it has become so boring for me, admitelly I am partaking in one Cup, which is organised by one of the DSJ-realated sites, though I don't take it so seriously like it was even in the last year. The Total Length [3529.62 m, 4th place right now - addition] isn't comprising any significance for me just now and I don't want to beat any records [Bartek is the actual offline world record holder in Kuusamo and Sapporo - addition] (it would be of course so nice to beat any :D)... (laugh).
Me: Who can become a "dark horse" of this season?
Which players are underachieving just now?

Bartek: To be honest, I don't see any 'dark horses' this year because the TOP10 is almost the same as it was in previous year. I've seen that there aren't any jumpers, which are totally underachieving. Of course, some players think that they can do better but I am not sure if it will be met. Furthermore, it is hard to choose the given names, because of low frequency this season.
Me: The Four Hills Tournament is held in the real world at the moment. Who do you think is going to win this prestigious cup (point out three jumpers)?
Bartek: It is really hard to define the answer. There are many faces, which are able to catch up the leaders in spite of their setbacks in Obersdorf. I can tell you my TOP5: Freund, Fanemmel, Prevc, Hayboeck and Kraft. The last one can jump as good as it was in Obersdorf on the other hills, I think.
Me: The previous question was the last. Thanks for your time. I wish you good luck in the grueling rivalry!
Bartek: Thank you and I wish you good luck too! :D

Interview led up by Szymon Gaiński

I really invite you to take part in discussion below. I want to know if you enjoyed it and if it is worth doing. :wink:
Last edited by Szymon11 on 18 Jan 2015, 22:27, edited 4 times in total.
Former offline world record holder in Oberstdorf! First jumper ever who broke and stood 230 meters barrier!
MJumper

Post by MJumper »

Heh, this is really quite entertaining, nice work Szymon :). Looking forward to future interviews. Hopefully you will be able to keep the once per week pace.
I wish good luck to Bartek this season, it's always more refreshing when there's more than one serious competitor for world cup victory (even though they are all Polish :P).

By the way I hope it's ok to post comments here (as you said to not clutter up the thread with suggestions).
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

That's so kind that there is somebody who esteem my work ;)
Yup, posting comments is appreciated here. My point was avoiding something like that: 'please do interview with Sylwestrzuk!!!!!!!' (for example)
davisp

Post by davisp »

Interview Georg Gasser :-D i think he is one of the best at the moment :-)
World Record Holder for 5 minutes
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

I hadn't seen him anywhere before I started interviewing so I am not sure if I will be able to contact with him... Firstly, I want to led up EXCLUSIVE MATERIAL with... (try to guess who :wink:)
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Hmm... Elias S Edvardsen?
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

I've meant you, although I can do first the interview with Filip Zahálka if you want something special :wink:
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

The next interviews will have been finished by the end of the following week (most probably Friday or Saturday). I am thinking about the questions at the moment. It is worth waiting because IT WILL BE AN EXCLUSIVE MATERIAL WITH MACIEJ SYLWESTRZUK :)
Sorry lads for truthlessness :oops: My lack of time is due to some unimportant factors connected with school... Please forgive me :wink:
18-01-2015: I've sent the questions to Maciej, looking forward to seeing answers, be patient :wink:
Szymon11

Post by Szymon11 »

Here it is! EXCLUSIVE MATERIAL WITH MACIEJ SYLWESTRZUK: It's a difficult season, but I try to fight with it, and now it started to be better

Maciej Sylwestrzuk is the truly legend of Deluxe Ski Jump 4. He has won almost everything, although something is missing in his trophy cabinet... He is the leader in online and offline total length. He is the first and the last player which has beaten 1900 peak. He is holding world records on 20 hills now (including online and offline). In this article you will find out how his career has changed over the years... See additionally what he thinks about this season.

Me: Hello Maciej!
Hi Szymon :)

Me: It looks like now you got back to your 'classical' disposal. Have you completely dealt with the problems, which were your nightmares in the previous weeks?

They weren't my nightmares :lol: But it was quite annyoing that something was still wrong. Failed takeoffs, jamming meanwhile jump, Internet trouble, problems with electricity... It's difficult season, but I try to fight with it, and now it started to be better.

Me: You beat new world record in Garmisch. Outstanding jump, congratulations! How do you feel after overjumping the record, that was seemed to be perfect in all respects?

Normal feeling, I only said myself "OK, I did my stuff", like after every successful record hunting.

Me: Does this marvellous jump comprise a motivation for you to begin anew 'the adventure' with offline game? Are you feeling able to reach 3540 m in TL just now?

It's really possible. I am last time in incredible form in offline game, which is possible to see after my some results in training (read: Willingen HS145 - gate 5 - 156.14; Planica HS215 - gate 17 - 242.44; both jump stood), but the biggest problem is... finding the wind :lol: But everything is possible, even if you don't use slowmotion or any cheats, like me, you and 99.9% of all DSJ4 players. I don't know how fun is jumping with slowmotion, but I heard it's very difficult, so I will never try it, since I don't use it from my "career" beginning in this series.

Me: The standard question is upcoming now. What are your aims in online game this season?
The main target is 1st place in Tour de DSJ 2015. After 2nd place last year, I said myself that I should win it next year.
My all preparations are mostly to TDD. World Cup is less important, but it wouldn't be a problem if I win it again.

Me: What do you think about this season? Do you feel more exhausted for the sake of Bartek Winczaszek's amazing form? Or are you sure that you will maintain the first place in World Cup and Ski Flying?

Bartek is in great form, it's true. But my problems, about which I told you earlier, are usually because I have to jump with it :lol: If he doesn't jump with me, I don't have any extra pressure.

Me: Does it demand a great effort to be still on the top for you? Have it started to be a little bit boring or you have fit to this fact and you try to realise it the best you are able to?

It's sometimes quite boring, but, well, I am still jumping and you see effects.

Me: Are you excited about Tour de DSJ? Winning this cup would be the missing addendum to your rich in trophies carrer.

As I said earlier, I prepare to TDD which is my the main target this season.

Me: Could you tell us the potential players' names, which can play the first fiddle in separate competitions in Tour de DSJ?

Of course pikolak, Bartek Winczaszek, Mateusz Greex, Łukasz Smolarek, maybe Kalle Keltomäki and you :D

Me: If the new version (with hills) came out, would you finish your career? Of course it is only my imagination but 'never say never'... Bring closer the details of your retirement, please.
I don't know. I would back only when DSJ5 will be released, but we all know that is utopic. And I don't believe that Jussi will create any hill to DSJ4, so... I thought about my own "benefis", but I don't know if I can organise it.

Me: How do you see the future of DSJ? Several months ago it was one of the hottest topics disscussed about by the DSJ's community. Now this confusion settled down. Do you think we have already dealt with the end of the game's development?
I think yes. He has actually full-time work, so he doesn't have enough time to work full-time on DSJ4.

Me: Which victory was the ground-breaking for you? Could describe us how it has changed your career?

It was World Championships 2013. I won online, next I was 6th offline (large hill), but it was enough to win. It changed my career instantly. I went to top in online (usually losing with pikolak), and offline I got incredible form.

Me: Did this game change your life? Since when you had begun playing DSJ, did the way you perceive ski jumping vary?

Yes, a bit, but in negative, because of Heikki Haikonen. Every time I set incredible record, starting last year, he tried to shame me. He was lying to everyone about me (but who believes, only Heikki's guardians...) The apogeum was after WR in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. You can see that on http://www.forum.dsj24.pl on Shoutbox (discussion was last week), and you could earlier see that on http://www.dsj.wikia.com, but you can't, because it was closed a few days ago on my request (I reported it because Haikonen was shaming me and lying about me). Now, his main target is destroying me (he will fail, because he isn't smart enough ;)). In summary, it destroyed my Internet life (lol?)

Me: Let's get down to the real world... Who do you think can win the World Championships in Falun? Which team seems to be the strongest then in your opinion?

It's hard to say. Kraft and Freund are in great form, but I believe that Kamil Stoch will get a medal. The strongest team is at the moment probably Germany.

Me: Do you think that in re-built Planica will be beaten the new world record? Can we expect any 250 m flights at your discretion?

I hope so! Planica is the most amazing ski flying hill in the world!

Me: Could you tell us some things about your favourite occupations aside from DSJ?

I am interested in history and motorsport. Also, I really like listening to good music and sometimes making it :P

Me: And the final question... Have you ever seen real life ski jumping event? Maybe you have already tried this wonderful sport discipline?

I saw only Polish jumpers training in summer in Zakopane. It was 2008 year. Trying ski jumping? No, I didn't.

Me: Big thanks for the time you have taken to answer! I wish you all the best in next competitions!
No problem :)

Interview led up by Szymon Gaiński

I changed the pace of interviews. I has become too demanding when the school had begun. Although, I think twice a month is satisfying and not so boring (the waiting fire you up and the materials are tempting then :) )