Surrounding of the hill

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
bogoosh

Surrounding of the hill

Post by bogoosh »

Dear Jussi,

Can you tell me, how does the permission you are being given from hill's authorities look like? Does it contain only possibility for you to create appropriate copy of hill itself (i.e. size parameters, inrun and starting tower apearance etc.) or something more? I mean - are you allowed to create the surrounding of the hill exactly how it is in reality, like stands for spectators, wind-shields or judge's towers?

I think it would be great to see e.g. characteristic judge's tower and blue stands in Zakopane :) http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plik:Wielk ... w_2012.jpg

I haven't found similar question here, but sorry if I doubled already covered topic.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Surrounding of the hill

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The surroundings are not modeled according to the real ones simply because it would be too much of work.
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

I believe the only restriction for this is the limited amount of time Jussi has for modeling the surroundings.

edit: too slow :(
That's gotta hurt.
bogoosh

Post by bogoosh »

That's a pity, but of course I understand. It's more important to take care about other aspects of game :) Thx for quick reply :)
bogoosh

Post by bogoosh »

One more question, about the issue. Today playing in Lahti I thougt - knowing that it's not possible to create surrounding of the hill, is it maybe possible to just implement smaller hills in certain location, once they've been already done? For example while jumping on large Lillehammer hill is it possible to see the normal Lillehammer hill?
AlexRollercoaster

Post by AlexRollercoaster »

bogoosh wrote:One more question, about the issue. Today playing in Lahti I thougt - knowing that it's not possible to create surrounding of the hill, is it maybe possible to just implement smaller hills in certain location, once they've been already done? For example while jumping on large Lillehammer hill is it possible to see the normal Lillehammer hill?
I asked this question a time ago too, i think it was in 1.2.0.
The reason were:

- It would take more time
- It would need more power of the pc -> worse performance
- The big hill would block the F2 view for the HS100, so blocked view.

Here is my thread about this idea:

http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4607