Flying Styles

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.

Would you like to see varied flying styles in game?

Poll ended at 11 Feb 2014, 17:01

Yes!
73%
No!
27%
Maybe!
No votes

Total votes: 22

jurijtepes

Flying Styles

Post by jurijtepes »

I know that this has been mentioned before, but I would really like to see these implemented into the game. And not just for decorative purposes. I mean that:

Noriaki kasai's spread out style would be better suited for flying,
while Thomas Morgenstern's aggressive style would be better at large hills.

I hope that this wouldn't be too hard to put into the game. :D
Zmaster

Re: Flying Styles

Post by Zmaster »

http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic ... yle+flying

Quote from Jussi: There's already months of tweaking to get one jumping style balanced and fun to play.
That's gotta hurt.
jurijtepes

Post by jurijtepes »

That's too bad. Oh well, maybe when Jussi runs out of hills to add he could focus on this in the future or maybe DSJ5.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I don't think that it would be possible to model the aerodynamics precisely enough, so that different flying styles would give expected results. If modelling air resistance was an easy task they wouldn't build multi-million euro wind tunnels.
jurijtepes

Post by jurijtepes »

Fair point, Jussi. Then again, the styles could only be used for cosmetic effect rather than making an actual difference to the flight.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

jurijtepes wrote:Fair point, Jussi. Then again, the styles could only be used for cosmetic effect rather than making an actual difference to the flight.
Like I said earlier that wouldn't work either.
Vaaranto

Post by Vaaranto »

U could change it in offline mode only. You could choose any position you want and trying to find the best one would be rly fun! Bascially if there was picture of 3d model of ski jumper you could move his skis the way u want and move the guy too,
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Vaaranto wrote:U could change it in offline mode only. You could choose any position you want and trying to find the best one would be rly fun! Bascially if there was picture of 3d model of ski jumper you could move his skis the way u want and move the guy too,
With the current DSJ4 aerodynamics model you would only find out that it's better to keep the skis parallel than to use V-style. :oops:
TheMrSkiBarPL

Post by TheMrSkiBarPL »

So maybe add option to change: start inrun styles, inrun styles and flying styles? not change physics! It will be looks pretty good for us :D
Bartek Palewicz

Post by Bartek Palewicz »

I'm not sure if it was discussed here because i don't get some of the posts of this topic, but what about visual changes only? Wouldn't it be possible without affecting physics?
jurijtepes

Post by jurijtepes »

I mentioned that to Jussi before but he said it wouldn't work. ;(