Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ4.
Damian87

Re: Ideas & suggestions for next beta/full version

Post by Damian87 »

And add the Liechtenstein flag please
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Guppy123 wrote:I just have a very small wish, Jussi, can you add the Kyrgizistan flag please? Its annoying cause when you create Dimitry Chvykov he cant be from there.
All national flags will be available in the next version.
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

Jussi Koskela wrote:The snow is set to appear from the 300th day (±15 days) to the 90th day (±15 days) of the year. Maybe I should raise the last date of snow a bit. This could be adjusted separately for each hill, too, but I haven't had enough time for that.
I get more often a summer hill than a winter hill on March 24, so I moved the schedule a week forward to get rid of it (probably an extreme case of random, but still...).
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

Risto Salonen wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:The snow is set to appear from the 300th day (±15 days) to the 90th day (±15 days) of the year. Maybe I should raise the last date of snow a bit. This could be adjusted separately for each hill, too, but I haven't had enough time for that.
I get more often a summer hill than a winter hill on March 24, so I moved the schedule a week forward to get rid of it (probably an extreme case of random, but still...).
I've noticed this, too. Not a big issue though, I think Jussi is just adjusting to global warming. :wink:

I know this would require quite a lot of work, but how likely is it that we'll see a simple career mode? Basically, you start off as a rookie jumper in a pre-defined "Continental cup"-schedule, and work your way to the world stage by doing well (and winning) competitions, and increasing your statistics as a result. Individual statistics could be simple: Take-off strength & technique, flight technique and landing strength&technique. Player gains XP from competition results. Maybe import some sort of "summer training" as well, where you train and compete in the summer GP. It might sound a little complicated, and I don't know how DSJ4's programming allows changes in physics, but I imagine it shouldn't be impossible. After all, it is possible to change AI ratings, so I don't see why this can't be done to the player as well.

That being said, I understand that it's not high on the priority list right know but just a suggestion for the future. After all, that's what this topic is for.

Another, simpler improvement would be some sort of a crowd voice. Higher volume for good jumps, and perhaps to local jumpers as well. Doesn't obviously need to be anything very high in detail, but it would really be appreciated.

Keep up the good work!
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

One thing to correct - textures. Sometimes on a few hills (Kussamo, Val di Fiemme) snow is too bright. If you can fix it - please do that, because my eyes are burning :P
Puhis

Post by Puhis »

Oyster wrote:One thing to correct - textures. Sometimes on a few hills (Kussamo, Val di Fiemme) snow is too bright. If you can fix it - please do that, because my eyes are burning :P
You can lower the "gamma"-setting to counter that.

But I agree with you. On some hills, it's very hard to see because it's just too bright.
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Lower gamma gives nothing, it must be fixed by Jussi ;)
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

I don't think it's that bad, sometimes you get way too bright snow in real life when it's really sunny :)
That's gotta hurt.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Zmaster wrote:I don't think it's that bad, sometimes you get way too bright snow in real life when it's really sunny :)
And you can always wear sunglasses while playing DSJ4. 8)
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

Hah best reply on this forum! Jussi rulz! :D
Jakob_PL

Re: Old hills which don't exist

Post by Jakob_PL »

For me those are not not existing. For me those are like:
Stams
Thunder Bay
Whistler, which is demolished after Olympics
Calgary
Planica Large Hill (HS 145)
Einsiedeln, im missing it
Iron Mountain
Kranj
or Salt Lake city
Maciejo-96

Post by Maciejo-96 »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Zmaster wrote:I don't think it's that bad, sometimes you get way too bright snow in real life when it's really sunny :)
And you can always wear sunglasses while playing DSJ4. 8)
I tried one time, when I had got Beta-1 :D I still remember that :mrgreen:
Join me on my Twitch streams:
https://www.twitch.tv/mathijsen
Boy

Post by Boy »

Jakob_PL wrote:Whistler, which is demolished after Olympics
Untruth. Hills still standing.
Jakob_PL

Post by Jakob_PL »

Boy wrote: