Paralel style for Dsj 4

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
sebastian-neumann

Paralel style for Dsj 4

Post by sebastian-neumann »

hey Jussi ,
i lust had an idea that could be very nice for Dsj 4 . I dont know if its possible with the game physics but I thought maybe you could add the classical paralel style
into the game .
There would be a new record list for it and you can check out how much different the two records on the same hill are. I mean there could also be a online mode with it for those who prefer this style over the ` V ´ - style.
I would like it because this can add some more flavor to the game. And its gonna be a lot of fun to jump like that . 8)
Severin

Post by Severin »

mmh, I don't think there should be a DSJ4 right now, when there are enough problems to solve for DSJ3 left ;)

If/when a DSJ4 will come, I hope that the physics will be completely reworked... With the angles currently used in the game, the jumper would do a Mazoch/Morgenstern style crash nearly every single jump... That's one of the few things, that really bother me...
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

Your idea, Sebastian, seems to be interesting but I doubt whether it will be a further addition to DSJ.

What do you guys think of implementing some weather randomity online and/or offline? For example, while jumping a WC online, some random events may be cancelled after the 1st Round. The winner will be the guy in lead after the 1st jump.

In some other hill, the qualification can be cancelled, enabling all of the players to jump in the 1st Round.
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

Ralph K. wrote:Your idea, Sebastian, seems to be interesting but I doubt whether it will be a further addition to DSJ.

What do you guys think of implementing some weather randomity online and/or offline? For example, while jumping a WC online, some random events may be cancelled after the 1st Round. The winner will be the guy in lead after the 1st jump.

In some other hill, the qualification can be cancelled, enabling all of the players to jump in the 1st Round.

Sounds cool as hell as long there is no shit happening every other hill. How about adding weather ?
Albireo

Post by Albireo »

Severin wrote:With the angles currently used in the game, the jumper would do a Mazoch/Morgenstern style crash nearly every single jump... That's one of the few things, that really bother me...
Yeah it will be much more realistic if there could happen accidents like those. Jumping would also be little more difficult if you can lose control in the air and fall down like..well how Mazoch and Morgestern have done. I really hope there will be this kind of revamps.
R C A PATIJN

Post by R C A PATIJN »

Maybe a very big hill would be cool, something like HS 295.
Or adjustable gates in practice mode, for example: the start gate at Austria could be 50m higher :D .
My name is Sander, not RCA!!
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

I think that the numbers of hill is enough.

Though the choice of gates would be a nice addition :) Just imagine setting the top gate in Slovenia with increasing frontwind :)

@onkel: by weather randomity I meant this idea concerning cancelled windy competitions. Nothing more. But things like snowfall or fog (the latter much more heavier to implement, I think) would be extremely well welcomed.
Leper Messiah TR

Post by Leper Messiah TR »

the start gate idea is a very good one, improves the realism
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Ralph K. wrote:I think that the numbers of hill is enough.
Yes. There is a limit to how many hills we can have in this game, and I share your opinion. The length of the tournaments is now often close to 1,5 hours. With more hills maybe we have to have tournaments with a limited number of hills. Say if we had 50 hills, maybe a tournament should consist of 40 hills randomly chosen.
By the way: How many hills are there in the real world cup?
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

1. Kuusamo
2. Trondheim
3. Pragelato
4. Engelberg
5. Oberstdorf
6. Ga-Pa
7. Innsbruck
8. Bischofschofen
9. Tauplitz
10. Zakopane
11. Whistler
12. Sapporo
13. Willingen
14. Klingenthal
15. Oberstdorf (K-185)
16. Lahti
17. Kuopio
18. Lillehammer
19. Vikersund
20. Planica
21. Liberec

:)
Bjørn Andre

Post by Bjørn Andre »

Ralph K. wrote: 1. Kuusamo
2. Trondheim
3. Pragelato
4. Engelberg
5. Oberstdorf
6. Ga-Pa
7. Innsbruck
8. Bischofschofen
9. Tauplitz
10. Zakopane
11. Whistler
12. Sapporo
13. Willingen
14. Klingenthal
15. Oberstdorf (K-185)
16. Lahti
17. Kuopio
18. Lillehammer
19. Vikersund
20. Planica
21. Liberec

:)
yes.. i think we need some real hills in DSJ .And this with parralel style its a very good idea.
1. Kuusamo
2. Trondheim
3. Pragelato
4. Engelberg
5. Oberstdorf
6. Ga-Pa
7. Innsbruck
8. Bischofschofen
9. Tauplitz
10. Zakopane
11. Whistler
12. Sapporo
13. Willingen
14. Klingenthal
15. Oberstdorf (K-185)
16. Lahti
17. Kuopio
18. Lillehammer
19. Vikersund
20. Planica
21. Liberec
sebastian-neumann

Post by sebastian-neumann »

I think he meant that that the FIS chooses the hills for the world cup and that there are more than these 21 hills like

Harachov
Hakuba
Val di Fiemme
and some more i cant think of right now :D
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

Well, I believe there are many, many, many hills that could be used while preparing the calendar but FIS forgot about them.

I would love to see World Cup in Falun, for example. What's going on with this hill, anyone knows?
Bjørn Andre

Post by Bjørn Andre »

Ralph K. wrote:Well, I believe there are many, many, many hills that could be used while preparing the calendar but FIS forgot about them.

I would love to see World Cup in Falun, for example. What's going on with this hill, anyone knows?
yees and i have never seen a World Cup round in Russia. that time for it now