Planica rebuilding

Discussion about ski jumping.
Kofler

Planica rebuilding

Post by Kofler »

I've heard on our Russian Eurosport that there are plans to rebuild Planica by 2014 to make it the biggest hill in the world again. But i've not found anything on this topic in the Internet (maybe it's because I'm lazy :D ). So, is that true? And what do you think about it?
SuperAdo111

Re: Planica rebuilding

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Its true,you watched Planica 2012 competition? If answer is yes,you should saw a new planica ,near "the old one" ... :)
TPo

Post by TPo »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Its true,you watched Planica 2012 competition? If answer is yes,you should saw a new planica ,near "the old one" ... :)
That's Bloudkovka Velikanka... The construction of the new flying hill hasn't started yet.
This hill:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkhqp5i9Sek
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Lol , its not , commentator said yes and how can i see inrun is longer and a landing zone is moved 5-10 meters.. Thats what i saw,i dont know official infos and news
Kofler

Post by Kofler »

TPo wrote:
SuperAdo111 wrote:Its true,you watched Planica 2012 competition? If answer is yes,you should saw a new planica ,near "the old one" ... :)
That's Bloudkovka Velikanka... The construction of the new flying hill hasn't started yet.
This hill:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pkhqp5i9Sek
A new flying hill? I thought they will rebuild the old one
Admir, no, I did't speak about the normal/large hills being build in Planca ( I think for their 2017 WNSC bid), but about the rebuilds of Letalnica to make it bigger
Kofler

Post by Kofler »

SuperAdo111 wrote:Lol , its not , commentator said yes and how can i see inrun is longer and a landing zone is moved 5-10 meters.. Thats what i saw,i dont know official infos and news
You now speak about Letalnica?
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

I talk about Letalnica,they will make new one (or they even started). Commentator said that and its much cheaper to build new one then to reconstructe this one (moving inrun,moving landing zone,moving whole hill,spectator's place and other...)
CalinStelistu

Post by CalinStelistu »

they want jumps over 270m. i find an article about that on fisskijumping.com but i don't remember where :x
Kofler

Post by Kofler »

SuperAdo111 wrote:I talk about Letalnica,they will make new one (or they even started). Commentator said that and its much cheaper to build new one then to reconstructe this one (moving inrun,moving landing zone,moving whole hill,spectator's place and other...)
That's great that Planica will be the biggest hill in the world again, a bit pity that it will not be plain old Letalnica

Sorry for my bad English
Kofler

Post by Kofler »

CalinStelistu wrote:they want jumps over 270m. i find an article about that on fisskijumping.com but i don't remember where :x
Ok, I'll search for it now
I also heard about 270m) I think its too way long, at least now
CalinStelistu

Post by CalinStelistu »

thx ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

If you are interested in the construction of the new hills in Planica you can find some awesome photos and information in these threads:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1427888 (English)
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=595584 (Slovenian)
mlody5

Post by mlody5 »

WOW! Mr. Jussi, don't share with us articles with Planica, but you should share with us with new hills ;D
m00nchile

Post by m00nchile »

Here's an article with a comparison on how the new hill will look with the current as reference. They will be only moving the inrun up, landing area will stay the same, so they won't have as much digging work to do.