The best post in this forum ever

General discussion about DSJ4.
TPo

Re: The best post in this forum ever

Post by TPo »

SuperAdo111 wrote:What i said wrong ? That's truth but noone can prove it,i told Jussi to make a anticheat system i know its very,very hard but if he can.. :)
Because it has been said over 9000 times, Jaluvka will respond "idiot!" and there we go again, repeating the same old things.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
SuperAdo111

Post by SuperAdo111 »

Oh i can't understand him...Really,he trying to be smart and calling someone "Idiot" and can't see thats only ... oh i will not start again but if nothing happen we need online records at least..
Zmaster

Post by Zmaster »

Metsi wrote:
Zmaster wrote:
Metsi wrote: (note to moderators: why did you close the SP topic? not minding the minor "idiot" and "cheater" accidents, it's a normal discussion if you ask me)
Everyone complained there were no replays. Now the replays are included and people are complaining even more.
and now everyone is just waiting for another piece of wood in the flames.
You kinda answered your question yourself
I see you point but closing such topics is like saying "You're a cheater - deal with it".
So i would suggest either leaving the topic open for further discussions of deleting it at all.
I find that every discussion about the actual matter has been discussed already and it should be seen in the forum so there wont be same threads over and over again.

This doesn't mean that all threads with new information will be automatically closed
That's gotta hurt.
Muga

Post by Muga »

Metsi wrote:I'm only discussing the current version.
Everyone complained there were no replays. Now the replays are included and people are complaining even more.
I stand in defence of those guys, because if you take a look at this forum, as a person who is not often attending in any discussions here, you will clearly see that they were judged a long time ago and now everyone is just waiting for another piece of wood in the flames. Even if what the Czech's are givin reasonable opinions and answers they are still being taunted.
Finally someone who have some respect :) That's exactly my opinion. Most people are just writing:"OMG, cheater" but we can't say that they are cheaters, like we can't say that they aren't cheaters. As long as we have no proofs they are innocent :wink: Their records in DSJ 3 seems to be impossible, but maybe they have a (legal) trick or they are really good. I think you should be happy that he gave some answers to your questions; you were not really polite :?
@Jaluvka: I'd like to ask you something. I am not really good at this game, what's the secret of a good jump? And what's the best training?
helGn

Post by helGn »

Im not saying his a cheater or anything, but i really cant understand how he could jump that far in zako, even with cheats i wouldnt be able to beat that length, and i've really really tried! the wind isnt perfect, to me the flight doesnt seem perfect (that may be me not understanding how a flight should look like) but still he lands so much futher down the hill than i ever will. And that got me thinking, Jaluvka says his been jumping preatty much only in zako, perhaps he found a way technique to jump longer jumps in that specific hill? something the rest of you havent learned yet? i dont know, the only reason for thinking that he cheated (to me) is that he has a jump that is 1 meter longer than any of the rest is able to produce
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Muga wrote:
Metsi wrote:I'm only discussing the current version.
I stand in defence of those guys, because if you take a look at this forum, as a person who is not often attending in any discussions here, you will clearly see that they were judged a long time ago and now everyone is just waiting for another piece of wood in the flames. Even if what the Czech's are givin reasonable opinions and answers they are still being taunted.
Finally someone who have some respect :) That's exactly my opinion. Most people are just writing:"OMG, cheater" but we can't say that they are cheaters, like we can't say that they aren't cheaters. As long as we have no proofs they are innocent :wink: Their records in DSJ 3 seems to be impossible, but maybe they have a (legal) trick or they are really good. I think you should be happy that he gave some answers to your questions; you were not really polite :?
@Jaluvka: I'd like to ask you something. I am not really good at this game, what's the secret of a good jump? And what's the best training?
Actually it's not a matter of respect (although i have a lot of it to all players) but more of objective approach. Simmon Amman was also once called a cheater because using a new kind of equipment, but all in all he didin't break any rules. Same thing happens here. They might know some 'trick' or a new important issue of jumping in this game, but this doesn't mean they cheat.
This is how actually records are developed in this game. Someone reaches new 'impossible' lenght, others see that something might be improved and they try hard to do it. But it's true that most of the 'innovating' jumps were usually called cheated or unfair ;)

And about your question: you don't really expect any leading player/sportsmen to give you a full answer do you? The only expected answer could be something like "try, try and try" ;)
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Zmaster wrote: I find that every discussion about the actual matter has been discussed already and it should be seen in the forum so there wont be same threads over and over again.

This doesn't mean that all threads with new information will be automatically closed
As far as i know, the "stable position", "perfect timing" and "#1 jumper for WR" are quite new issues that in my opinion could be easily discussed for a longer time ;)

p.s. sorry for double posting
helGn

Post by helGn »

the #1 jumper thing, really if there is a way to save a world cup so that you know you will have a good wind on your next jumper, and jump that jump over and over again, tbh thats not cheating. its mostly just cutting back on time you'd otherwise would be restarting the WC. If ppl dont have any proof of acually cheating then by all means ask them how they did it but be civilised ppl. You're getting no where if you bring out your cheatergun at first comment, ofc Jaluvka gets pissed off, i would too if ppl made a thread with my name calling me a cheater without any proof. Im not saying he cheats, im not saying he doesnt, but if the comments on this forum were more civilised the mods wouldnt have to shut down all the threads :)
TPo

Post by TPo »

helGn wrote:the #1 jumper thing, really if there is a way to save a world cup so that you know you will have a good wind on your next jumper, and jump that jump over and over again, tbh thats not cheating.
Now I feel like I have the complete right to call your argument idiotic :roll: Getting a good record is all about getting lucky with the winds, so if you can jump 100 times with the 1/10000 perfect wind, there's no point in record hunting anymore. I don't see what's the point of jumping records, if it doesn't involve thousands of jumps.
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

We hunted records in DSJ3 many years and done thousands jumps but in most of the hills Jaluvka, Pfleger and Brykalski are 5-8m ahead of real world's top-players. Total nonsense. If these jumps would be true, then other players would be totally awful amateurs in all hills. And they managed to do these magic jumps many times in same day.

Brykalski used only one jumper which is laughable too, because it's most difficult way to hunt records. And it seems Pfleger does same thing in DSJ4. I wouldn't never hunt in that way because it's hopeless. And it's obvious why they don't enter to online. Pfleger actually visited online little bit in DSJ3 and his rating 967 isn't quite what we can expect from jumper who can jump nearly ten metres longer records than world's best jumpers.
helGn

Post by helGn »

i wouldnt know about dsj3 since i was not here then, however my point is that without proof you shouldnt charge into the forum and call them cheats (in dsj4) calling an argument idiotic is fine by me, but calling a person an idiot is something else ;) and i do understand your statement TPo, and i mostly agree, however i wouldnt say its a cheat, i would say its just very dishonest :) im sorry that i didnt make it clear that i do not support it, if that is whats their doing at all, im just saying i wouldnt downright say its cheating. I myself sit for 20 min with a rooster of 80 jumpers ready restarting that damn WC for the right conditions.
TPo

Post by TPo »

helGn wrote:i wouldnt know about dsj3 since i was not here then, however my point is that without proof you shouldnt charge into the forum and call them cheats (in dsj4) calling an argument idiotic is fine by me, but calling a person an idiot is something else ;) and i do understand your statement TPo, and i mostly agree, however i wouldnt say its a cheat, i would say its just very dishonest :) im sorry that i didnt make it clear that i do not support it, if that is whats their doing at all, im just saying i wouldnt downright say its cheating. I myself sit for 20 min with a rooster of 80 jumpers ready restarting that damn WC for the right conditions.
It's cheating because it generates a clear advantage. Imo it's worse than slowdown.
--
TPo

Post by TPo »

While slowdown can't be removed by any known means, I think it's possible to prevent distance cheating by double-checking the jump, as it shows the correct distance in the replay. I hope Jussi is working on it already.
--