New hill to test no cheat jumping

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Jan Cihosky

New hill to test no cheat jumping

Post by Jan Cihosky »

I have an idea.

Jussi will create a huge HS 350 hill (so that the best can reach up to 400m jumps there).
This will be most demanding to test flying skills of each player.

In offline game, this hill will be available only in practice mode (no WR can be set).
In online game, this hill will be just like others (so that WR can be reached anytime).

This will be like a test for online performance skill level.

This may attract many players to jump online I know it.

PS: I would love to jump on this hill at night.

It doesn't have to be in a new country, it can be in Finland or wherever.
United nations of DSJ
IamJaruh

Post by IamJaruh »

This is good..., you are very right although i am very new to the game, so i probably couldn't really judge whether it is the solution for tout le monde. But as far as i can see, it seems a pretty attractive online competition, great for hunting records during cold lonely nights, focused on the discipline we all love.. Above its attractive characteristics, it's solisticly competitive without possibility of cheating.. nice
Either they are crazy, or i am very smart..
BODI

Post by BODI »

Great idea !!
BUT,to prevent cheating,there has to be NO WAITING TIME for jumps !!
Get movin´ ;)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

BODI wrote:Great idea !!
BUT,to prevent cheating,there has to be NO WAITING TIME for jumps !!
This doesn't make it 100% cheat-proof either. If the speed can be changed, it could be set faster for the start of the inrun and slower for the most criticical parts of the jumps.
Jan Cihosky

Post by Jan Cihosky »

I do not wait more than 1 second when jumping, but I think it is no cheating when somebody waits longer. There is the opportunity to wait 15 seconds and everybody has the right to jump whenever in this time span. If somebody is using the game in a way it has been programmed you cannot call it cheating. Online game itself is very fast, I think there is no need to change this interval. From time to time everybody needs to left the computer for a few seconds (take a beer from the fridge, write an sms or email, take a leak, you name it. Without this time limit, the online game would be extremely fast and that is not the goal. Just imagine marathon jumping 4x32 hills or even 2x32 hills. You cannot left the computer even for 10 seconds for two, three hours. That is unacceptable for most of the people I think.

To the new hill: I thought that you cannot cheat online so I post this topic. If this could not be controlled than it has no sense to talk about it any more. But I and thousands of others as Jussi knows best would love to have ONE new hill. And jumping at night - just wonderful. The hill size HS350 or so - perfect. We are all playing a game - and gaming has no limits - so if I can fly for 10 or 15 seconds - amazing. Lets do it!
United nations of DSJ
sajdor

Post by sajdor »

It wouldn't prevent cheatin cause u can jump with slowdown on-line and like jussi said u can change your spped during jump, but without waiting time it could at least show who is jumpin with slowdown
Lukasz Stanczak