DSJ Retro

General discussion about DSJ4.

DSJ Retro - cool idea or ...

Poll ended at 01 Jan 2012, 20:28

I'd love DSJ Retro... when will Jussi start developing and programming?
57%
I couldn't care less...
20%
DSJ Retro - where are you living, this is 2011/12... no need for it!
23%

Total votes: 35

crystal

DSJ Retro

Post by crystal »

As I really miss some of those old hills and flying like in Harachov in the 1980s + maybe even the parallel technique. For me the jumping back then was at times more interesting than it is today. Now quite a lot of the new build hills have a similar structure. I was wondering if any other players feel the same and would love DSJ to go retro (or call it old skool...) as a seperate game?
Last edited by crystal on 17 Dec 2011, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
Marxoner

Re: DSJ

Post by Marxoner »

joł
ModernWarfare2

Re: DSJ Retro

Post by ModernWarfare2 »

Yes, is good idea
Personal Best Record - 231.38
Obrazek kiedy indziej dam xD
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

no, more features for DSJ4 than a different game.
TPo

Post by TPo »

I think its a good idea, but designing the parallel technique would be a waste of time and too complicated. It would be awesome to have some old hills (like the 80s Harrachov) in DSJ4 with minor changes to suit the v-style (basically, much lower speed).
Last edited by TPo on 17 Dec 2011, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.
Total Length: 5353.38 m // 7749.06 m // 1603.92 m
Total Length: 14706.36 m
--
Winner of Ski-Stars World Championships (large hill) // 2nd of Ski-Stars World Championships (team) // Winner of Ski-Stars DSJ2 Cup
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

crystal wrote:I was wondering if any other players feel the same and would love DSJ to go retro (or call it old school...) as a separate game?
I already expressed my feelings in this post. As for DSJ Retro, it's not a bad idea, but I don't see how Jussi could even start thinking about it right now - his hands are bonded with DSJ4 for at least another 3 years or so... You guys are still forgetting the fact that this is one man show - he would need extra forces to work on a side project like this. This would be insane amount of additional work. Jussi is facing the fact that he's currently the only one who's filling the demand for ski jumping games. There's no other ski jumping game on the market that would be continuously updated and actually listened to its fans' demands and wishes.
crystal

Post by crystal »

Martin Kafka wrote:
crystal wrote:I was wondering if any other players feel the same and would love DSJ to go retro (or call it old school...) as a separate game?
I already expressed my feelings in this post. As for DSJ Retro, it's not a bad idea, but I don't see how Jussi could even start thinking about it right now - his hands are bonded with DSJ4 for at least another 3 years or so... You guys are still forgetting the fact that this is one man show - he would need extra forces to work on a side project like this.
Of course I am well aware of that + have huge respect for the work Jussi does. And such a game would definetely be a hugely time consuming work, I was just thinking maybe one day (of course not in the near future) if such a game wouldn't be a fun thing.
Somehow I overlooked your response in the other thread + that is basically almost exactly what I feel about the current situation in skijumping, you get all those new hills which are constructed in an extremely similar way losing all those characteristics the old hills had.
Last edited by crystal on 25 Dec 2011, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.
OlliT

Post by OlliT »

Just wait till year 2040 and then play DSJ4. haahaahaa, very funny