DSJ3 1.6 release on Nov. 26th

General discussion about DSJ3.
Vik

Post by Vik »

That sounds nice, and I think it's not so difficult to implement it....
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Kjell Arild Korbøl wrote: After release of ver.1.6.0 a new list should be made, and this is how I think it could be:
1: automatic save of length and replay of jump. In that way everyone can see how the jump is done, and that there is no bug or slow-mo.
2: only jumps made in ver.1.6.0 will be saved to this list.
Unfortunately it's too little time to the release of v1.6.0, so this kind of functionality won't be implemented to it.
Audun

Post by Audun »

I like Kjells idea, I think it's better then to reset all records before v.1.5.. It's more fair to the players who have many records in v.1.4 or earlier without slowmotion. Just look at me and BVN, we're pretty tight in total length now (he's leading :wink: ), but if all records before v.1.5 will be resetted he will lose he's record in most hills, many of them very good, while I'll keep all mine, just because I set them a bit later then him.. Not fair in my oppinion, so Kjells idea is better :)
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Myself I hope that 1.5 and 1.6 jumps will be in same list (and older version jumps in historic list). If 1.6 has totally same cheat prevention, I don't see clear reasons to put 1.5 jumps to historic list... :?
Severin

Post by Severin »

Yeah well, I also would say that the ones from 1.5 can stay, but everything else should be removed...
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Severin wrote:Yeah well, I also would say that the ones from 1.5 can stay, but everything else should be removed...
I'll clear all hill records, so that it will be an equal start to everybody.
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

I at least hope that in historic list there will be showed which version was used in each jump. It's totally shame to see my hard worked 1.5 records in this cheater's list...
Audun

Post by Audun »

Looks like some changes are already made at mediamond, now there are two lists you can chose between, "v.1.0" (when there was a bug in the take-off, if I remember right) and "v.1.5" (the same hillrecords that have been on the site since the reset after v.1.0). So, I guess it tomorrow will come a third one called "v1.6" with all new jumps? Looking forward to it, my goal is to have WR in UK after first week :wink: