Cheating?

General discussion about DSJ3.
Severin

Cheating?

Post by Severin »

Just because i read that much about cheating/bugusing on this forum:

Won't the cheating discussion at all be only relevant if the Slodown problem is completely solved and a new record list has arrived?

Cause, where's the sense of talking about cheats when every single world record is jumped at least with slowdown, most of them additionely with sevo-bug...

and @ Jussi
Why won't the current list on which the CupScores base be reset?
There ain't currently no sense in jumping offline with version 1.5 because any efford is worthless when one has to compete with jumps made at speed -10 ....

Maybe not only my opinion...
sw2001

Post by sw2001 »

So far people found ways to "cheat", why should that stop now with version 1.5? I'm pretty sure that somebody will find something again. Maybe a super-mouse :wink:
I guess if you reset the hill records once, than you'll have to reset again and again.
Vik

Post by Vik »

If the slowdown-problem is fixed, there's no way to cheat! Isn't it?

The current problem is the highscores with v1.4 and 1.5, because they're just in same list!!! This should be fixed, too. Not only onlinerecords, because not everybody has Onlinesubscription... :cry:

Maybe Jussi should create a new version 1.6, for this (and please include musicfunction ) :lol: .... or why the poll on your site?
Severin

Post by Severin »

I agree, cause right now, ( i don't have internet most of the time) there is absolutely no motivation for DSJ3 1.5, but not due to the game itself...

I really would like to have record competition without Slowmotion...
Vik

Post by Vik »

me too, but only with new rankings for it....
Vik

Post by Vik »

Please don't give here any hints for other to cheat.... :cry:
Leper Messiah TR

Post by Leper Messiah TR »

the only way to make Jussi do a patch to fix clock errors and cheating is to not renew your online suscription which is what I will do;
I would really like to play online again but it is completely senseless if the game crashes every time after 1d20 minutes
Pasi84fin

Post by Pasi84fin »

I never cheating
e-sAn(fin)

Post by e-sAn(fin) »

The problem atm is not only that people are able to slomo the game! It's the bug that percists in v1.5 aswell: That is the so called sevo-bug, FYI to those who dont know what I'm talking about (this is no cheattalk! I just want everyone to have the same options for playing the game...) is a bug that u can use to "bounce" of midhill and get a great angle to catch wind and therfore get a great rise in hight (like is possible in slovenia without even using the bug).

When i found the various replaysites on the web and for the first time saw the "bounce" I had no idea that there was any such thing as slowdown! So I started trying this way of jumping without slowdown.... YES it was VERY hard, but i got great new records in CRO, SLO, CHN, POL and JAP without using slowdown with this bug! Ofc it got alot easier with slowdown!

And just for the sake of it I tried to use sevo-bug in 1.5 where slowd doesn't work and i got a few farely long jumps!

Jussi! Fix the sevo-bug and make more than one way to prevent slowdonw! (clock-error isn't enough!) So we can have a fair list where everyone plays on the same terms! That wuld be fun! Why not include a slowdown in the program!? Cuz the 1.00 speed atm is a bit to fast! May-b a possibility for slowing down to 1.25-1.5!? Just a suggestion ;)
I sev-jump and I'm proud! >:D
Vik

Post by Vik »

How do you use Sevo-Style in 1.5 without SlowMo :?: -> please post replayfile...

I think You are speaking about the style, to fly very near to the ground, and because of laying down into the air, you accelerate because of less air resistance... and that's why you can fly very high in the last part of the hill.... this is only possible on big hills and special formed hills like Slovenia, isn't it?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Actually the so called sevo-style bug (i.e. bouncing from the landing hill with the tips of the skis) was fixed already in DSJ3 v1.5.0. You can still watch replays from the earlier versions where it's done, but it should not be possible to do it any more in v1.5.0. If it still is possible, I would really like to see a replay of that.

When it comes to slowdown programs, it's impossible to prevent the use of them 100%. And unfortunately the slowdown checking has caused some false positives on some hardware as well. Though, now I have been working on to minimize the number of false alarms.

And In my opinion it's not a good idea to include even a "legal" way to slow the game down.
Vik

Post by Vik »

Jussi Koskela wrote:And In my opinion it's not a good idea to include even a "legal" way to slow the game down.
Allright... the speed in 1.5 is ok! If it will be slower, the game becomes to easy...