Mouse sensitivity

General discussion about DSJ4.
Federico

Too sensitive! It ought be fixed.

Post by Federico »

It's not a matter of decent lenght reached. Me too reached 125-130 meters lenght. I find really strange that there's no way to move the mouse more than one millimeters otherwise you fall down.

If I set up mouse speed at 2 the jumper looks like a crazy horse, or, even worse, looks like Colloredo drunk. The only way to hope landing is mouse speed 1 and limit at maximum mouse movement. Where's mouse control?

Post by Potarski »

1.0 is the best ;d
kr33

Post by kr33 »

I have the same problem with the mouse sensitivity. Maybe it is a case of getting used to the new way of controlling jumpers than in DSJ3, but anyway I see the problem with mouse. When I try "practice" and really fight with the jumpers not to cause them fall and when I try to skip practice mode there is a dialog window "Do you really want to quit?" or something. And then you see the mouse. And this mouse is not moving smoothly on this screen. On other screen the mouse pointer is shown properly and moves smoothly.
I think something is wrong with the mouse operation during jumps...
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

kr33 wrote:I have the same problem with the mouse sensitivity. Maybe it is a case of getting used to the new way of controlling jumpers than in DSJ3, but anyway I see the problem with mouse. When I try "practice" and really fight with the jumpers not to cause them fall and when I try to skip practice mode there is a dialog window "Do you really want to quit?" or something. And then you see the mouse. And this mouse is not moving smoothly on this screen. On other screen the mouse pointer is shown properly and moves smoothly.
The reason for your cursor unsmoothness is lower frame rate in that screen. You can try reducing the details/resolution. Anyway, the next version will have sensitivity scale from 0.05 to 10.
Kociak1997

Post by Kociak1997 »

o.O I use 10.0 in practice and 10.0 in World cup and it's good for me.. In DSJ 3 i too use 10.0 and in Slovenia i have 318.70... Hmm..
Federico

Post by Federico »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
kr33 wrote:I have the same problem with the mouse sensitivity. Maybe it is a case of getting used to the new way of controlling jumpers than in DSJ3, but anyway I see the problem with mouse. When I try "practice" and really fight with the jumpers not to cause them fall and when I try to skip practice mode there is a dialog window "Do you really want to quit?" or something. And then you see the mouse. And this mouse is not moving smoothly on this screen. On other screen the mouse pointer is shown properly and moves smoothly.
The reason for your cursor unsmoothness is lower frame rate in that screen. You can try reducing the details/resolution. Anyway, the next version will have sensitivity scale from 0.05 to 10.
Hi Jussi, how can I redure the details/resolution in XP. Have I to tune up some parameter in the VideoCard 3d panel or it's just something available in the screen setting panel?

Federico
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Federico wrote: Hi Jussi, how can I redure the details/resolution in XP. Have I to tune up some parameter in the VideoCard 3d panel or it's just something available in the screen setting panel?

Federico
Start DSJ4 Setup and select lower screen resolution. You can also reduce the graphics details in the DSJ4 Settings menu.
Kukavica

Post by Kukavica »

i have around 2.5...and it's good to me
J.MIRO

Post by J.MIRO »

I'm have 3.7... At one time I had 4.0.
Austrian_Skijumpfan_94

Post by Austrian_Skijumpfan_94 »

Mazik wrote:I have on 1.0 and its still hard to jump i cant control him because a little move makes him go straight down or up, its too sensitive
Yes with 1.0 is very good to jump
Wolf

Mouse sensitivity in Beta 2

Post by Wolf »

Friends, on which you set the mouse sensitivity to play in the Beta 2 ? I far prefer - minimum 2, maximum 3. And what about you ? :)
maciej53

Re: Mouse sensitivity in Beta 2

Post by maciej53 »

I use default 3.0 and it's good :).
Ski_Jumper

Post by Ski_Jumper »

mintek

Post by mintek »

3.0 :D
skiflyer11

Post by skiflyer11 »

1,5 :D

That's gotta hurt (sorry Zmaster for that fake ;))