Real Hills

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.

Yes or no?

Yes
73%
No
27%

Total votes: 49

Severin

Post by Severin »

totally agree with taf...

no real hills for the competition.
One solution would be of course a hill editor with which one could make real hills for himself, but perhaps - still in DSJ3 - hard to implement...
thierry

To those who think similar hills would be a problem

Post by thierry »

What about games like Fifa ? You have so many different stadiums. They're all the same size (more or less), and yet many people love that game because they can actually pick Liverpool & play them at Anfield like you were really there (change names according to your own favourite team, it works with all the big ones) !
It's not the best football game around, but many prefer it to PES, just because it's got all teams and all stadiums. And every year PES adds more teams & stadiums (there must be a good reason).

It doesn't mean you're wrong, but similarity is not necessarily a good reason to diregard the possibility of having real hills. Where you see more fun, in diversity or in realism, depends on the player. I know what I prefer, but I understand it's not the same for everyone.

In conclusion, I think the only good reasons not to have them have to be either financial (although I'm prepared to pay more for the game if rights have to be purchased) or technical (I understand it's no easy task if you want the hills & surroundings).
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

I have an Idea - 32 unreal and 32 real hills :D
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Jussi should give for us hill editor... Then this game will be really cool ;)
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

HS0,5 20m from my home and 1m from my chair, mmm :D
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Hehehe :)

PS. You have PM. ;)
Severin

Post by Severin »

mmh, that soccer simile is quite unfitting... :)

Also in reality every soccer place it nearly the same...

And with ski jumping you want the differences, and you just don't notice it on a PC like in reality... I mean I can feel the difference between Neustadt and Oberstdorf when I jump it in reality, but on a pc it's quite hard to make big differences between to hills with the same size...

Thus, I prefer the way it's now ;-)

PS: PES is way netter than FIFA :P
thierry

Post by thierry »

It's not just a question of size, but also of inrun angle or speed for example, and it's also a question of surroundings; that's how you identify a place.
Why is Anfield different to another stadium ? Because of the stands, not because of the playing area.

Plus, my point is primarily that some people want to feel like they are there. They won't care if it's actually the same playing 2 different hills because they have pretty much the same characteristics. To them it won't be the same if they're real hills in different countries!

But of course, if you've jumped those real hills, I understand you don't care; but many haven't had the chance (or guts); let them dream ! :wink:
bioLarzen

Post by bioLarzen »

dzamper wrote:
taf wrote:where have you seen 300m hill ? in dsj :)
In Skoki Narciarskie 2005 :P
L'Art's "Ski jumping 2005 - third Edition" features an over-300 meter hill located somewhere in Canada - this is what you were mentioning, right?

And according to the graphics (which seems to be rather realistic for the other hills) it's inrun slope is glass-covered all the way thru. I stronlgy suspect this hill does not exist IRL, but anyone knows better?
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

bioLarzen wrote:
dzamper wrote:
taf wrote:where have you seen 300m hill ? in dsj :)
In Skoki Narciarskie 2005 :P
L'Art's "Ski jumping 2005 - third Edition" features an over-300 meter hill located somewhere in Canada - this is what you were mentioning, right?
Yep. I thinking about this.
bioLarzen

Post by bioLarzen »

dzamper wrote:
bioLarzen wrote:
dzamper wrote: In Skoki Narciarskie 2005 :P
Yep. I thinking about this.
I simply couldn't get the hang of it. i gave it a half-a-year try, playing hours virtually every day, but still wasn't able to qualify on a regular basis...

But that's another game, so I'll stop this now and here :)
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

Ok, but my record on that hill is 374,9 m :D [BTW There's a bug you can jump 504m (BTW this bug have a bug TOO, you can jump 504,8m...)...]