Jumping with bug

General discussion about DSJ3.
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

Emil

I don't supoort sev-style...but now after all this...I am jumping sev-style...but I rather see normal ski-jumps...with just a little slower game...becouse...I undertand all this...realistic speed and that...correct...but it is differnece betwen real ski jumps and ski jumps on computer...you have to cacth jumper with your eyes...there are differnet delays...and so on...and control of flight can't be even 80%...on this computer speed...with -3 would be great...but I am not the judge...:)

sev-style got nothing to do with ski jumps...I am just t rying the limites of hills...for fun now...

and congratulations to you and your results...
e-sAn(fin)

Post by e-sAn(fin) »

I hope you are not getting me wron Ermel. I am your fan an admirer. You are one of my main inspirations to continue with this game. I mark: ->GAME<-. I don't understand why everyone has to talk about realisticness and such all the time! It is in fact a game after all. Go to the thread I started on Maximizing WR:s and you will get my entire oppinion on this matter.

Keep oon flyin' boys ;)
I sev-jump and I'm proud! >:D
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

I'm not so happy that my both Finnish records are spoiled only because someone uses sev-bug and speed tools... :( We really need real lists someday because it's difficult to keep motivation when record list are so comical like they are now.
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

Jani

look...if you want...try jump with x-speed...not sev-bug...but normal jump with x-speed...one hill...then we can see...if you will do reight timeing take off,and perfect jump...and maybe mistakes...and when you will see if you are good...you can satisfied your self...that you got best normal jumps...and post that here...so others knows that you got best results with normal jumps...in FIN national cup..or in world cup...just try it...you will se it is fun..and not kind of cheet...when you do nice jump...on little slower game play...for better handle of jumper...and then compare results with normal ski jumps...I am very curious...how much you can jump with slo-mo,becouse you're jumping nice on this "realistic" speed...
e-sAn(fin)

REPLY TO JANI

Post by e-sAn(fin) »

Jani (kirjoitan englanniks et kaikki ymmärtää...) as i said in an earlier post in this tread (or was it in the new Maximizing WR:s??) I beat all the finnish hillrecords, even yours through hard work and hours and hours of playing! This WITHOUT sev-bug or slowdown. U have only my word on this. But I gain nothing by lying about conquering all the Finnish recs. in an "honest" manner. However when I had them all I wanted to aim higher and, I'm terribly sorry... when I submit my new "sev-bug" recs to mediamond they go not only on the WR lists but on the national (Finnish) lists aswell....

Respect to all u reg-jumpers out there...

But I suggest when u hit the wall, and it feels like u can't better ur recs anymore, then DL slowmo and start training sev-bug-jumps. It's not like it's easy you know! ;)

(AND IT IS FUN LIKE HELL :D )
I sev-jump and I'm proud! >:D
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Of course I believe that also sev-bug and speed tool jumping needs much skills and names on the top of the record lists are surely very good jumpers and used much time to make their results.

But still it's not something that this game should be and I don't want to try it myself. :(

I hope that someday we will have DSJ version with 0 % possibility to use slow-mo and with own record lists. Then everybody would have similar chances. :)
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

Jani

I am for that solution..but till then...trying everything...normal jumps,slo-mo jumps,and sev-bug...exploring my limites...on different ways...in the begining when I register to DSJ 3...I was jumping like mad man...nad all I could do is 230.9 on FIN..and some 4-5 average results...and I knew there is something wrong with WR's...when I saw rpl's...got them...and I was very angry....no fair and all of that...but I was alone that...and has to setisfyted with slo-mo...to cacth them...and so on..and now we are here...I am waiting that day,which you mention...till then like I said...maybe I'll be back in on-line...depends on time....