Return of Jaluvka.... :/

General discussion about DSJ4.
MichalD

Post by MichalD »

he can't do this because they have original version of the game, and they buy it.
Jussi can prepare a Terms of Service Agreement , which everybody must accept before playing, and state that cheating or using slowdown will allow Mediamond to block player's access to online game server.
olegman

Post by olegman »

MichalD It's a good idea... but maybe Jussi can block slowodown and cheat engine in other's operating systems ? I think this is solution to our situation... because none can detect slowdown in dsj3 or dsj4... now this is impossible....
so what we can do when none know how detect this ?
Olo Pierdziolo

Post by Olo Pierdziolo »

olegman wrote:MichalD It's a good idea... but maybe Jussi can block slowodown and cheat engine in other's operating systems ? I think this is solution to our situation... because none can detect slowdown in dsj3 or dsj4... now this is impossible....
so what we can do when none know how detect this ?
Simple solution: if 149M jump on HS138 takes 4.seconds + game engine detects for example 6 or more seconds of flight (using internal bios clock) = slowdown used.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Olo Pierdziolo wrote: Simple solution: if 149M jump on HS138 takes 4.seconds + game engine detects for example 6 or more seconds of flight (using internal bios clock) = slowdown used.
Unfortunately in the time of Windows it's not possible to read the bios clock directly without someone (the cheat program) intervening.
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

Did you expect anything else?

Its the same, and will be the same in future....
Hills won in WC: 43
Bjørn Andre Monsen

Post by Bjørn Andre Monsen »

Jussi?? please get replay's from Jaluvka?
Solan

Preventing cheaters online

Post by Solan »

Hi

If Jussi changed the online jumping it might be possible to get rid of the slowdown cheaters.
Everybody could get a green light at the same time, and then only those who had finished their jump in a preset time (i.e. 6 seconds) would count.
He could also make it a little more dramatic by forcing the cheaters to fall ( and hurt themselves)
K.I :D
ivica josip

Post by ivica josip »

I think not talking here about a slowdown rather than hacking on the wind or gravity.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Preventing cheaters online

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Solan wrote:Hi

If Jussi changed the online jumping it might be possible to get rid of the slowdown cheaters.
Everybody could get a green light at the same time, and then only those who had finished their jump in a preset time (i.e. 6 seconds) would count.
He could also make it a little more dramatic by forcing the cheaters to fall ( and hurt themselves)
Varying network lag is a problem in this kind of approach. We can't disqualify people due to lag.
Bjørn Andre Monsen

Post by Bjørn Andre Monsen »

or you can make ovvn online vvorld record!
Jukka Sireni

Post by Jukka Sireni »

Jussi Koskela wrote:

Varying network lag is a problem in this kind of approach. We can't disqualify people due to lag.
If the program sends a control meesage to the server at point A and then another at point B, then technically difference of those messages should on average be the time taken to go from point A to point B. If the average after many jumps is a lot higher than it should be, it should be a strong indication of slowdown. Or if the avarage taken from the longest jumps of the player is a lot higher, it should indicate that the slowdown is used only sometimes (to fool the average of all jumps).

I don't know though if that is reasonably executable, or whether it stays reliable when there are 100 players sending control messages about the same time and flooding the server.
pajkul

Post by pajkul »

Jussi Koskela wrote:

Yes, but I think there's a way to determine the current ping of the player. Maybe it could be done by sending some small test packets and analyzing the response time during the jump? Then you can have there some view on how stable the connection is and compare it with the corresponding jump phases.
However I'm not sure if it wouldn't require some big computing power to handle it properly.
HexTheRex

Hmm

Post by HexTheRex »

I think Jaluvka just made the DSJ4 records with slowmotion, he didn't use any other means. In DSJ3 they used some other tecnology which allowed them to jump many meters over real WR:s. Maybe gravity editor. I saw a video on youtube where a guy took an enormous takeoff and flew to 400m :P But if his jump is legal (it might also be), he could as well send his replay :)
- Heikki Haikonen
- Age 19
- Never used cheating

DSJ2:
- Total Length: 5260,23

DSJ3:
- Total Length 7795,67 (Finnish Record, World 4th)
- 15 Finnish records
- F3 view

DSJ4:
- Total Length 1271,97
- Online rating 1756 (WR!!!)

DSJ SuperTotal: 14326,69m
Metsi

Post by Metsi »

Guys, tell me one thing.
We all know that it's possible to jump 150 in Lille and 140 in Lahti (There are some replays from wc and practice).
I suppose (i didin't follow all the dsj3 discussions) that he was cheating in v3 but this is again a new game, i doubt that he would have a pleasure in beating the records from beta by cheating. It's a new game, to records are still fresh and possible to beat (142 in Lahti and 153 in Lille is possible if u ask me) so there is no point accusing him right now. He's not the only player who gets accused in dsj 4. Krzysztof Niechciał was also accused because of dsj3 and now we see that his records weren't impossible to beat in dsj 4. Give the game - and the guys - some time to develope. Give them a chance to play fair and square in nice atmosphere :!: