Difference to DSJ3

General discussion about DSJ4.
Zmaster

Difference to DSJ3

Post by Zmaster »

Has anyone who has played DSJ 4 nonstop past weeks tried back to DSJ 3? I just did and wow.. just wow. I felt like the whole jumper was 2 pieces of wood.

I think I will understand the greatness of DSJ 4 a whole notch better now. I recommend to try DSJ 3 if you have not touched it since DSJ 4 beta.

Thank god for thi.. no, thank Jussi for this game!

-Kalle Keltomäki
Grufugl

Re: Difference to DSJ3

Post by Grufugl »

Zmaster wrote:Has anyone who has played DSJ 4 nonstop past weeks tried back to DSJ 3? I just did and wow.. just wow. I felt like the whole jumper was 2 pieces of wood.
Yes, I had exactly the same experience when I went back to retry dsj3 yesterday. I couldn't believe it, so I started watching replays. It was so strange, and I have played dsj3 for 5 years. And the take off looks totally crazy! Makes you appreciate dsj4 even more!
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

wow just tried dsj 3.. so crazy ! the biggest shock is the take off. the jumper and his skis feel and look so .... weird unflexible and well ... blah...

and the hills look a lot steeper. The inrun has a really tight unrealisitc bend...

wow I really love dsj 4 !!
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

bulwa11 wrote:the biggest shock is the take off. the jumper and his skis feel and look so .... weird unflexible and well ... blah...

and the hills look a lot steeper.
Actually, the skis feel more realisitc. Have you ever jumped with jumping skis before? They are way heavier than downhill skis. Their weight AND length makes it really difficult to pull them up with only your feet (not legs, but feet only). Sure, this becomes an automatism for professional jumpers over the years but when you're new to jumping skis, you'll go nuts. You start wondering "Damnit, why can't I get the skis up?"

And about the hills being steeper: Every been to a real hill? In reality, the hills seem steeper than both in DSJ3 and DSJ4.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

yeah but what I meant about the skis is that in DSJ 3 they do not flex or bend at all. They feel like a really sturdy piece of wood while in DSJ 4 you can beautifully see them flex and bend when taking off or landing. As to the steepness, I agree with you. I have seen Zakopane K-120 live and it is very steep.
Jukka Sireni

Post by Jukka Sireni »

EyTschej wrote:And about the hills being steeper: Every been to a real hill? In reality, the hills seem steeper than both in DSJ3 and DSJ4.
I don't think there is a big difference between DSJ4 and real life. The inrun of Lahti's hill in DSJ4 looks about 45 degrees (or 100%) (from F2 view) and it looks like about the same in real life. http://maps.google.fi/maps?client=firef ... o-11583991 (didn't find a better sideview)

But already that is really steep (especially seen from the tower). In normal road even 15 degrees feels bloody steep.
lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica »

come on i have been in planica for 3 years now and its the same as its in the game
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Jukka Sireni wrote:
EyTschej wrote:And about the hills being steeper: Every been to a real hill? In reality, the hills seem steeper than both in DSJ3 and DSJ4.
I don't think there is a big difference between DSJ4 and real life. The inrun of Lahti's hill in DSJ4 looks about 45 degrees (or 100%) (from F2 view)
I didn't even mention the inrun, so why did you quote me when your comment is on something else? :roll:

I was talking about the hill itself ... like it says in my comment that you quoted ;)
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

The steepness of the real hills is an illusion. In DSJ3 the hills were much steeper than the real ones, but in DSJ4 the steepness is the same as in reality.