Bug in DSJ 1.5.0

Technical support for DSJ3.
Soppa

Bug in DSJ 1.5.0

Post by Soppa »

Just noticed something I think is a bug with scoring in DSJ 1.5.0, unfortunately I haven't been able to recreate it. At least I think it's a bug, or then I just don't understand the scoring system.

I downloaded a jumper package with about 50 computer jumpers, and started a tournament with couple of my buddies, so three human players and 50 computer jumpers. My friend messed up his landing and scored so badly he was left in 40 something position, but for some reason he still got on to the next round from the last position, how could this be? This only happened once and I don't know what caused it, IIRC he was first eliminated from the list, but when the second round started he got to the last place somehow while his score was way worse than the jumper before him.

EDIT: OK, so I read the forums a bit more, and apparently this is a rule set by FIS, so that a jumper which jumps in 90% of the maximum distance jumped but falls, is allowed to participate in addition to the 30 qualifiers. Didn't know that before, must've been a new addition to version 1.5.0.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Bug in DSJ 1.5.0

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Soppa wrote:Just noticed something I think is a bug with scoring in DSJ 1.5.0, unfortunately I haven't been able to recreate it. At least I think it's a bug, or then I just don't understand the scoring system. My friend messed up his landing and scored so badly he was left in 40 something position, but for some reason he still got on to the next round from the last position, how could this be?
That's not a bug, but an official rule. If a ski jumper crashes but reaches at least 90% of the length of the longest jump he will qualify for the next round.