The wind effects the results much more than in DSJ 3

General discussion about DSJ4.
Torsten

The wind effects the results much more than in DSJ 3

Post by Torsten »

It looks like the wind becomes in DSJ 4 much more important for huge jumps than in DSJ 3. You cannot compensate bad wind conditions as much as it was possible in DSJ 3 and so the players skills will only have a noticeable effect at same wind conditions (as it is in online jumping competiotions) but for record hunting it will become much more a wind waiting/searching game than a competition of skills and that's not the right way, in my opinion ...

Summary: Too many of my f**cked up jumps became surprisingly long jumps because of great wind conditions and too many good jumps were far away from the personal best because of good, but not perfect wind conditions.
sb103

Post by sb103 »

I agree and disagree.
Example even top jumpers in real live can make bad jump with bad wind condition.
If I have good take off and position my jump with bad wind is quite good in my opinion, sure it's not 144m but still good :)
But I must agree that with good wind I had many times bad take off but good position in flight and my jumps was well.
ps. I hope that we will see "3 parts wind".
It will be quite fun if You'' have
1st ->
2nd 0
3rd <-
and You must make a really good take off to use 3rd wind(on down) :)
Severin

Post by Severin »

yep, noticed it also, the wind has a big influence... I don't quite know if I'm happy with it or not, because it's certainly realistic that it has such a big influence, but on the other hand the players' skills' become less important... Though I still think that there's big potential in the jumping style in DSJ4 and that we haven't seen everything that's possible until now. But it's still a beta and some thing's will be changed to the final version, so who knows how it's gonna be in the final version...
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

even Jussi :roll: ?
...Selection in progress...
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Well, in DSJ3, we were able to adjust our style to the wind conditions at take-off (which is probably why the good players are usually always up front when there is a lot of tail wind). We don't have that option in DSJ4 anymore. If we do ANYTHING at take-off, the jumper will crash. We can't "work" the jump as much as in DSJ3 anymore, so it's only logical that the wind has a bigger influence.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Severin wrote:I don't quite know if I'm happy with it or not, because it's certainly realistic that it has such a big influence, but on the other hand the players' skills' become less important.
I totally agree!
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

Torsten wrote:Summary: Too many of my f**cked up jumps became surprisingly long jumps because of great wind conditions and too many good jumps were far away from the personal best because of good, but not perfect wind conditions.
I've found Lillehammer to be more forgiving than Lahti.

Not sure if Jussi is being too generous with the mouse sensitivity setting. If you wouldn't be able to put it where 1.0 is now, more skill would be required.