First impressions...

General discussion about DSJ4.
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Severin wrote:there are already too much games out there that focus to much on graphics and got absolutely no soul, so I'm very satisfied with the way Jussi deals with proirities in developing DSJ :)
I totally agree. Great physics is the main thing, and not a lot of fancy additional stuff.
twominutewarning

Post by twominutewarning »

What are system requirements for DSJ4?

I played beta version on laptop with:

- Windows Vista
- Intel Core Duo T2350 @ 1,86 GHz 1,87 GHz
- RAM 1 GB
- NVidia GeForce Go 7300 - 256MB RAM

I used 800/600 game resolution settings and in game full settings and DSJ4 worked slowly...like tortoise. :-)

Can anyone put here system reqiurements for DSJ4 please?
Greetings:
Lawrence
Mazik

Post by Mazik »

would You be able to add mode where you can change the bench? I Mean the height of the starting bench. It would be grerat to have it in practise
Vik

Post by Vik »

twominutewarning wrote: I used 800/600 game resolution settings and in game full settings and DSJ4 worked slowly...like tortoise. :-)
It's like slowmo... That's the same thing like it was few years ago when play dsj on old computers. The game speed is slowlier than on new ones. Jussi should do sth against it... :(
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Vik wrote:
twominutewarning wrote: I used 800/600 game resolution settings and in game full settings and DSJ4 worked slowly...like tortoise. :-)
It's like slowmo... That's the same thing like it was few years ago when play dsj on old computers. The game speed is slowlier than on new ones. Jussi should do sth against it... :(
You can try setting the amount of graphics detais lower at the game settings (Main Menu -> Settings).
Vik, it won't make the playing any easier. The game will skip some frames and it's really difficult to control the ski jumper then.
Vik

Post by Vik »

ok, but he said it'slike a tortoise... He didn's say sth about laggy gameplay or skipped frames...
twominutewarning

Post by twominutewarning »

Jussi Koskela wrote:You can try setting the amount of graphics detais lower at the game settings (Main Menu -> Settings).
I meant about laggs of course [sorry for not precised problem :-) ]
If I make In game settings all down - spectactors, trees, homes and so on there are still laggs ... Maybe my computer is too old? Almost 4 years? Demo versions of DSJ3 were working very well but requirements were much lower:
- Windows 98/2000/XP/Vista/7
- DirectX 8.1 or later
- 400 Mhz P3 or faster
- 128 MB RAM
- 3D Graphics adapter
- Mouse with 2+ buttons
- Internet connection for the online services
PS. I set all in game graphic details as the lowest and it looks to be better - i mean - there are still lags but not as much as earlier. It seems that game requirements will be huge - min.3 or 4 GB of RAM, 3 GHz CPU, Graphis about 1 GB...
Greetings:
Lawrence
Vik

Post by Vik »

u still need better graphic card... 8)
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

THE GAME IS PERFECT ! BRAVO JUSSI !
FeRu

Post by FeRu »

In my old PC: Athlon64 4000+ 2,6GHz,2GB DDR Ram,Radeon x1950Pro 256MB game work very good in 1280x1024 and AAx4.
bulwa11

Post by bulwa11 »

Grufugl wrote:
Severin wrote:there are already too much games out there that focus to much on graphics and got absolutely no soul, so I'm very satisfied with the way Jussi deals with proirities in developing DSJ :)
I totally agree. Great physics is the main thing, and not a lot of fancy additional stuff.

I agree with you guys 100%. And by the way I actually like the graphics in DSJ. They are very good for me. The graphics are realistic and thats great :)

Thanks for 'small trees' in the inrun :D I always wanted that in DSJ :D
mis

Post by mis »

First impression?
I will be honest now.

At first when I tried it was TERRIBLE, yes I'm not kidding, really terrible.
I was so used to moving the mouse downwards even before takeoff in DSJ3 and that habbit was next to impossible to get rid of. You can't teach an old dog new tricks :oops:
It took me next to 30mins before I could get ONE decent jump.

Now after I tried it for a few hours and starting to learn what DSJ4 is all about, I must admit that I might even like it :lol:

One big difference about the new version is that you can stretch the jumps way further compared to dsj3. Maybe I'm just too used to dsj3, but it feels like the landing sometimes seems unrealistic, you can click the button too(?) late and still don't fall.
It would be nice to hear some thoughts from others about that particular thing.

Well done Jussi, nice to see this fresh version!
Wolf

Post by Wolf »

In my opinion the game is close to perfection! Jumps is harder, less to manipulate a mouse, but this is the realism of this game! Silhouette of a Jumper and his movements are like a real Jumper! Jussi simulator created almost perfect! Once again, bravo Jussi!
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

Hello :)

Well I have to say - physics are veery good! Now you can feel how important is to take off with a proper angle and work your way down the hill in the air. Maybe sometimes landing feels a little unrealistic (someone mentioned low landing before), but it's not that terrible. Graphics improvement - not bad, but much more variety in trees and buildings is needed in my opinion (so far we have only one type of each).
And here is my question: Could it be possible to add some in-game templates for suits, helmets and skies (like having 4-5 different patterns - if someone here plays iRacing, will know what i'm talking about - especially helmets).
What I don't like - sounds. Silent fans, now, when they are actually there, this is a little depressing :)
Anyway, there is still room for improvement, mr. Jussi, so work hard for the final scratch :)
BTW: My record at Lillehammer is 144.45m

And also I like the way the game is going - actual hills with actual measurements, higher difficultly. I'm looking forward to see all of FIS World Cup hills, and some wider unknown pearls from all over the world.
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

twominutewarning wrote:What are system requirements for DSJ4?

I played beta version on laptop with:

- Windows Vista
Switch sounds off from the setup and you should be fine. I've had absolutely no problems after doing that.