Current rating and inactive players

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Grufugl

Current rating and inactive players

Post by Grufugl »

Some players has been inactive online for over two years already. They are still on the list with a current rating, i.e. a rating "of the present time".
With chess, where they use a similar rating system, current rating is time limited if players go inactive. I believe their rating stands for five years, then they are removed from the lists. If they become active again within ten years, they get their old rating back. If not , they start from scratch.
I suggest something similar is introduced here, but maybe with shorter time limits. I mean, current rating is supposed to reflect your online level for the time being, and be relative to those you play with. There's no way of knowing the level of a player who's been inactive for a long period, and they will eventually fill up the list if they stand forever.
Martin Kafka

I agree

Post by Martin Kafka »

100% agreement here
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

100% agreement here too
Domin

Post by Domin »

100% agree to... For example Dejan Sitar current 1667 with slowdown still sit there...
---------------------------------------------
Dominik Domin Machowiak
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

YES! thats true
Hills won in WC: 43
mis

Post by mis »

Yes, totally agree.

If it is too difficult to decide if a jumper is active or not it should be easy to just cut off the names that don't have a valid online subscription. That should do most of the work automatically. If a skilled player decides to make a comeback it won't take many days to gain back that rating again anyway.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I changed the Current Online Ratings lists so that only the players whose subscription has been valid during the past 12 months are shown.
Some players play only during the winter season, so therefore the 12 month period.
mis

Post by mis »

Excellent, thx ! :D
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Thx JK, that's a good solution 8)
Top Gun

Post by Top Gun »

Sounds fare enough.Good idea!