Possibility of temporary disabling the online rating

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.

Should there be an option for disabling calculation of the own online rating?

Yes, that would be nice and i would play online more often.
33%
Yes, that would be nice, but i wouldn't play more often in this case.
No votes
I don't care.
7%
No, that's a stupid idea.
60%

Total votes: 15

Torsten

Possibility of temporary disabling the online rating

Post by Torsten »

Hey girls,

what do think about the following idea:
It would be nice (for me 8) ) if there was a possibility of playing online without your own rating is touched. I know there is a special slot without rating but that's not the best solution at all IMHO.
So if you are going online there should be a checkbox, where you can deselect the rating and then if you join a tournament your rating isn't calculated and your rating doesn't effect other players rating.

The reason for this suggestion:
- If you just wanna play 15 minutes online then more often then not you will lose skill-points.
- If you join a tournament (wednesdey/saturday) half an hour after the beginning you do not have the same chances to get a place in the top10 for automatic qualifyings as the other players and so EVERY failure in the qualifying round is penalized. That's not fair, is it?
- If you wanna play just for fun and there are just a few players with a lower rating online jumping, you will lose points every round (if you don not win EVERY hill) and therefore you go offline immediately.
And these reasons are very often reasons for me for not going online and hunting records offline instead of :D

So if a player will jump "for fun" without rating or knows he is in a bad shape there should be this option and the players name should marked RED for instance. Then everybody knows, he's jumping without giving his points away (and without taking yours) :wink:

Jussi, if there are some other players sharing my opinion, give it a try. Maybe you can for 1 month at first and if it doesn't work, you may remove this option :wink:

So ... i will start a poll at first!

PS: Nice jumps, Severin. FYI: I did a 97 in DEN with nearly constant wind a week ago. :D
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

I dont care personaly. The rating is fluctuating no matter how good you are. As for me i enjoy screwing my rating by falling then rebuilding it..But i really really hate loosing 50+ points, il give you that much ;)
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

onkelsmerte wrote:I dont care personaly.
So, why did you vote "no"? :wink:
The rating is fluctuating no matter how good you are. As for me i enjoy screwing my rating by falling then rebuilding it..But i really really hate loosing 50+ points, il give you that much ;)
Nice, you are pushing bad players while you are screwing down your rating (cause you lose with high ratings on purpose) and you are stealing rating points from "normal" players, cause you are winning then with low ratings. :evil:

That's not the intention of an ELO-like rating calculation ...
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

Torsten wrote:
onkelsmerte wrote:I dont care personaly.
So, why did you vote "no"? :wink:
The rating is fluctuating no matter how good you are. As for me i enjoy screwing my rating by falling then rebuilding it..But i really really hate loosing 50+ points, il give you that much ;)
Nice, you are pushing bad players while you are screwing down your rating (cause you lose with high ratings on purpose) and you are stealing rating points from "normal" players, cause you are winning then with low ratings. :evil:

That's not the intention of an ELO-like rating calculation ...

i shouldnt have voted no. no!!! i should have voted i dont care. Dont know, a moment of pleasure of screwing of the vote. Just trying to be an idiot. You got me.

And its all good and fun for me. I dont sit playing with a evil grin on my mouth while regaining past glory. If there is a flaw in how the calculations are made it shurely isnt my problem.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

onkelsmerte wrote:i screw it all up .. yeah .. the jumps, the votes .. everything i see i have to screw up... that's fun ...to me!!!!
no comment ...
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

Torsten wrote:
onkelsmerte wrote:i screw it all up .. yeah .. the jumps, the votes .. everything i see i have to screw up... that's fun ...to me!!!!
no comment ...
indeed. Thats exactly what i think and do!