Adds in next DSJ

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

Sponsors, real hills and tournaments would require licences and someone must pay for them, so game would be much more expensive. I think it's not the best solution :lol:
goldcz

Post by goldcz »

Jan Šterba wrote:Sponsors, real hills and tournaments would require licences and someone must pay for them, so game would be much more expensive. I think it's not the best solution :lol:
Totally agree. And I think it would change the character of the game to this crappy RTL Skijump games with lot of commercials. Maybe an option to upload graphics like banners or designs wouldnt be bad, so everybody can customly create the real deal and share it to other that are to lazy. Smth like EA Sports NHL, where are huge communities for original team designs and Data for European Leagues etc.
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

hmm...
...Selection in progress...
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

Day night time would be nice. And variations in weather conditions aswell would be cool :)
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

onkelsmerte wrote:Day night time would be nice. And variations in weather conditions aswell would be cool :)
That's what we will be seeing. Jumping at any time of day (or night :)) at all kind of weather conditions.
Haze

Post by Haze »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
onkelsmerte wrote:Day night time would be nice. And variations in weather conditions aswell would be cool :)
That's what we will be seeing. Jumping at any time of day (or night :)) at all kind of weather conditions.
When? :D
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

in night with winter at water storm at night at nice night?
...Selection in progress...
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

Hmm with all due respect, I don't think taht game will get more realistic on "TV" bases, I mean, no sponsors, no realistic ski and suit producers, no advertising, no 4 hills tournament etc.. FIS license couldn't be taken by RTL for fuck sake!
All I expect to see is:
1. As much realistic physics as there can be.
2. Bunch of "normal" hills (like some other people mentioned, Krokiew, Okurayama, Ruka, Bergisel etc.) supported by some weirdos like Brazil HS 335 ;D
3. much more graphic improvement.
4. more variety in setting CPU opponent's skills (like flight technique, take off strenght, landing technique, maybe height/weight also? :))
5. something like a career mode, where you can start from young age and climb up the ladder, improving you skills (for example, in offline mode, player's CPU-based skills will be also determined, which means you can't win competitions right from the very first click, but you would have to participate some to get the experience and turn into a winner. In online mode, CPU-based skills wouldn't be active, to make it equal for everyone).
I will be honestly satisfied, if those 5 points will be in the game.
greetings!
nexen84

Post by nexen84 »

goldcz wrote:
Jan Šterba wrote:Sponsors, real hills and tournaments would require licences and someone must pay for them, so game would be much more expensive. I think it's not the best solution :lol:
Totally agree. And I think it would change the character of the game to this crappy RTL Skijump games with lot of commercials. Maybe an option to upload graphics like banners or designs wouldnt be bad, so everybody can customly create the real deal and share it to other that are to lazy. Smth like EA Sports NHL, where are huge communities for original team designs and Data for European Leagues etc.
yep, It would be really fantatsic if DSJ 4 would be open for modding, sooner, or later, we would have official FIS game, having Jussi's name, of course, intact! :)
doubleffect

Post by doubleffect »

1. Hills – must be REALISTIC in 100%!!! (K-points and HS-points). Surroundings hills also (characteristic points of hills) and realistic lines of hills!!! For grumblers i propos the highest two hills – K-250 and K300m.
2. Kamera TV (F1-key) is THE BEST!!! However on majority brodcast jump is showed from right side screen (camera on the left hill side). Therefore i propos to add one new camera, which it will be „mirror reflection” the F1-key camera.
3. Ski jumper figure – In flight must be more archwise bent. Now is so flat – look on realistic ski jumprs.
4. Pore of contests: in winter and in sumer - evening, night and obviously day.
5. Atmospheric conditions: Sun, cloudy, snow, rain, fog, etc. Wind must be realistic norma – 4,0m/s is to large!!!
6. Measurement distance: how in reality – not 125,23m, only 125m. Not 125,72m., only 125,5m.
7. Jumper steering: Mouse left – entry on take-off beam, both keys Mouse – start, remaining actions without changes.
8. Movements of ski jumper more smooth.
1. K-300 is too much. But anyway there are too many giant hills in DSJ3. More large hills (K-point around 120), more normal hills (K-point around 90), and to hell with hills with K-50 - come on, no World Cup competition is held on such a hill. I like Slovenia, Croatia, and Iceland. HS-300-350 would be nice but not K-300 (I wonder if you anyone would be really able to jump far if something isn't changed with the wind). I know - no competition is held on K-251 but look at it at the future of ski-jumping then it's quite simple that giant hills will be more common than K-50s...
2. I'm too used to see everything from the left side of hill. That's how it was from DSJ2 and I guess right-handed people think alike.
4. I agree: day, evening, night. And don't forget there must be light. 8)
5. Weather conditions should be balanced: sunny, cloudy, snowy, rainy, foggy. And this should also alter the length of jumps. Rain = ice if the temperature is below 0 Celsius degrees. Temperature would be nice too.
6. Agree. Let there be records measured like they are now but during the competition let's just stick to halfmeters because anyway 123,49m is counted like it was 123m...

WIND
4 m/s is a hurricane! No competition is held under such weather conditions. And the wind changes too much. I've got 30 jumpers, I steer each one and what I got on Slovenia. I start with 4 m/s on me and jump over 300 meters, the last jumper has 4 m/s on his back and I can't even jump e.g. 200 meters. This is crazy. Less wind changes. Come on, wind does ruin real competitions but in DSJ3 it's much worse. After 15 competitions I've got my top 10 and here they go. Decent jumpers get better results than my top 10 because of the wind changes.

SPEED
4 m/s in front of a jumper and he gets 100km/h. 4 m/s in his back and he gets 108 km/h. It's ONLY 4 m/s. It cannot alter the speed of the jump that much. And by the way - Slovenia K-251, HS-281 - how is it possible to get 102 km/h on such a huge hill. It should be more like 150 km/h. With 100 km/h no one would make it to the K-point, never. Plain physics. The jumper would slow down in the air no matter what.

MODDING
I really miss some hill maker. Even 32+ hills can make bored after so many jumps. I wonder why nobody sat and worked on this game to bring some wind changer (just for fun, I never cared for points in the online ranking; using such tools can be easily blocked after all) or made some hills looking at the data of hills present in DSJ3 already. Game written in this language shouldn't be hard to mod. And mods are what keeps games immortal.

And I've got a problem with my personal records here also. Upgrading from v1.6 to 1.7 caused erasing my old records. I jumped 314m on Slovenia, 305m on Croatia - and even replays got overwritten. I know these are not world records but I don't play this game for posting my records. And I really miss seeing me jumping that far. I've had a long break in DSJ3. Now I've got something like 305m on Slovenia and 298m on Croatia. :cry:
DSJ3 Personal best: 314.0m (Slovenia)
DSJ4 Personal best: 196.5m (Planica) (what a great jump that was!...)
martom

Post by martom »

Nice ideas doubleffect :)
I would like a wind/weather editor
Before the competition start you can determine:

1. Wind in the start of the competition
+2,0 m/s
2. Wind changes (wind in the end)
less wind (+0,5m/s)
3. Stability of the wind conditions
from 0 to 4.

4. Weather in the start of the competition
snow
5. Weather changes (weather in the end)
cloudy
6. Stability of the weather
from 0 to 4.
BODI

Post by BODI »

Points taken or added regarding to wind strength as established in Obestdorf flights??
Get movin´ ;)
TPo

Post by TPo »

BODI wrote:Points taken or added regarding to wind strength as established in Obestdorf flights??
This is quite pointless, as everyone has the same wind in online.
martom

Post by martom »

TPo wrote:
BODI wrote:Points taken or added regarding to wind strength as established in Obestdorf flights??
But in offline mode it plays a matter
TPo

Post by TPo »

martom wrote:
TPo wrote:
But in offline mode it plays a matter
This would mess up offline tournaments. IMO luck is good as a part of the game.