Adds in next DSJ

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
geforc

Adds in next DSJ

Post by geforc »

HI Jussi, your game is very expensive and newer versions don't make any progress.

There are the same "wooden" skis.
I mean that they're stiff during the flight which is very unrealistic.
There's a lack of tribunes or fantatic crowd and there's only one wind pointer.
Specially the last thing I mention SUCKS.
It's not normal, man.
Change something in next version, because people won't buy this game anymore.
I'm actually thinking about it.

By the way I'm sending you the list of things you can add/correct:

a) appereance(presentation) of skis
b) movement of the skis during the flight
c) adding some tribunes, ski jumpers expecting for jump etc.
d) ability to lenghten and shorten the inrun
e) add for example two wind pointers in different parts of the hill
f) THE FOUR HILLS TOURNAMENT ! [Vierschanzentournee ]
g) change of the meter(for what it has to be for example 128,34m, not 128m?)

I know that adding all of it, it's not possible, but it would be great, if you add/correct some in the next version.

Regards.
R C A PATIJN

Post by R C A PATIJN »

So why do you play this game, if everything is wrong?
Point g: What's wrong with that? If it will be only half meters, then all the world records would be the same.
My name is Sander, not RCA!!
geforc

Post by geforc »

I didn't write that DSJ is a bad game, but for this price I expect more.
After all it's still 10Euro.
By the way at first for this price you can buy hmmm more commercial, better games. (like battlefield with an epic multi )
At second I'd like to ask why in real competitions jumps aren't counted in centimeters?
Jussi could does difference to half meter, to the HS and above that distance in centimeters(for the people who could possibly break records)
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

Expensive? its the best ski jump out there by far. And the option to play online just makes it fantastic. Imo i think most people that play dont care that much about all the small details you mentioned (cept the audience thing) because that would be really cool. But this is a one man company, dont know how much time Jussi actually has at his disposal to make upgrades in such small details? I really dont know about that. So Jussi could point a finger or two about that.

Atleast i think this game is absolutely fantastic!!!
geforc

Post by geforc »

I know that DSJ is the best game about ski jumping, but if there are some abilites and time to upgrade it, Jussi should do it.
Then, DSJ would "rock the house" and that's why I wrote, suggested what he could add to make things better.
Severin

Post by Severin »

about the cm thing...

don't you think that record lists would be a bit useless if about 20 people would have the same score?
geforc

Post by geforc »

i say , high then HS point > 128.46

low then HS point > 128.0
Kajek

Post by Kajek »

bad idea... look Serbia...
martom

Post by martom »

about cm/halfmeters

the records MUST be in centimetres.
why don't do it like in dsj2 where the records was in centimetres, and all the others lengths (what each jumper jumped) in halfmeters.
in "options" you can say you will see the length in halfmeters or centimeters :?:

sorry about my bad english
Severin

Post by Severin »

Yeah, the DSJ2 way would be nice indeed...
If you wanted the exact length, you could watch the replay, and for the rest, halfmeters were enough...
doubleffect

Post by doubleffect »

Anyway, there is one thing I want to add concerning this precision to a centimeter. If it is present in the game, which don't mind, after all the points from the length is counted normally, e.g. 157.68m is counted like it were 157,5m, it is wrongly rounded. When one jump is 111.99m and the other is 112.00m, the result of subtraction is only 1 centimeter. But the first length is counted like it were 111.5m and the second is 112.0m obviously. This should be corrected, I think. It is not fair. The difference between 111.50m and 111.99m is surely big, the second length is in real life counted as 112.0m, I believe.

The length must be in centimeters for record table purpose. That's obvious. Anyway, I agree that it is a good idea it should only be shown when the record is beaten or during a replay and normally when we take a look at the table, it would be nicer to see 111.5 instead of 111.67.
Leper Messiah TR

Post by Leper Messiah TR »

Severin wrote:Yeah, the DSJ2 way would be nice indeed...
If you wanted the exact length, you could watch the replay, and for the rest, halfmeters were enough...
why have an inaccurate result when you have the correctly calculated one?

it's not like the measuring in real ski jumping you know :wink:
Wolf

My 10 sugestions for DSJ4 (or DSJ3 new version):

Post by Wolf »

My 10 sugestions for DSJ4 (or DSJ3 new version):
1. Hills – must be REALISTIC in 100%!!! (K-points and HS-points). Surroundings hills also (characteristic points of hills) and realistic lines of hills!!! For grumblers i propos the highest two hills – K-250 and K300m.
2. Kamera TV (F1-key) is THE BEST!!! However on majority brodcast jump is showed from right side screen (camera on the left hill side). Therefore i propos to add one new camera, which it will be „mirror reflection” the F1-key camera.
3. Ski jumper figure – In flight must be more archwise bent. Now is so flat – look on realistic ski jumprs.
4. Pore of contests: in winter and in sumer - evening, night and obviously day.
5. Atmospheric conditions: Sun, cloudily, snow, rain, fog, etc. Wind must be realistic norma – 4,0m/s is to large!!!
6. Measurement distance: how in reality – not 125,23m, only 125m. Not 125,72m., only 125,5m.
7. Jumper steering: Mouse left – entry on take-off beam, both keys Mouse – start, remaining actions without changes.
8. Movements of ski jumper more smooth.
9. More realistic graphic
10. Sugestions of remaining participants of forum.
I thank :)
Last edited by Wolf on 09 Apr 2009, 16:44, edited 3 times in total.
Jukka Sireni

Post by Jukka Sireni »

doubleffect wrote:Anyway, there is one thing I want to add concerning this precision to a centimeter. If it is present in the game, which don't mind, after all the points from the length is counted normally, e.g. 157.68m is counted like it were 157,5m, it is wrongly rounded. When one jump is 111.99m and the other is 112.00m, the result of subtraction is only 1 centimeter. But the first length is counted like it were 111.5m and the second is 112.0m obviously. This should be corrected, I think. It is not fair. The difference between 111.50m and 111.99m is surely big, the second length is in real life counted as 112.0m, I believe.
It would be exactly as "unfair" if they were rounded "correctly". 111.74m would be 111.5m and 111.75m would be 112m. Same thing.
EgyLynx

Post by EgyLynx »

i like 123,45 not 123,50