Separate on- and offline modes completely

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.

Should we have online records and record lines showing when playing online?

Yes, splendid idea, and perhaps this way we don 't have to look at the same offline made wr names everyday either!
82%
No, I don't like the idea, I like things the way they are.
4%
No, I don't like the idea, I have a better one myself!
7%
Who cares about records anyway?
7%

Total votes: 45

Grufugl

Separate on- and offline modes completely

Post by Grufugl »

As a development of the idea of a separate online record list, I have this suggestion:
Why not separate on- and offline modes completely, so that when playing online, online personal, local and world records are registrated and shown? I am thinking about shown both in text in game and as blue lines in the hills. When playing offline, offline rec's can be registrated and shown.

I also wrote this suggestion here: http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=688
As Jussi comments there, this will not prevent cheating. But I mean, we will get our long wanted online list, and at least it is not possible online to do the worst offline cheating jumps that takes many minutes, so we can at least hope not to get completely sick rec’s there. And online and offline really are two different games alltogether, so I vote for different records lists and records lines.
AB

Post by AB »

Super idea,then there will be more online jumping also i think. :D :D
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

I would also like that, since to me DSJ offers most fun in the competition with other players. i just start the season offline to be in good shape without loosing rating points first. The online part is the more realistic one: This is a real competition with real players. To train a hill for weeks to become best in it is OK, but it, basically, has nothing to do with real world records.

AND: It would finally fully solve that cheating problem.
Kjell Arild Korbøl

Post by Kjell Arild Korbøl »

sunset_rider wrote:AND: It would finally fully solve that cheating problem.
I support the idea of online record-list!
But I'm afraid the tools still can be used in online jumping, but not in the same way as offline.
the level of "slowing down" the game can be controlled by setting the "green light time" to minimum, and the same about an earlier "automatic end of jump" after the judges has been set.
sunset_rider

Post by sunset_rider »

Ok. However, if one person always jumps a thousands times better than everyone else, this would be really interesting. To my mind one could rightly ban such a player. That is pretty much the same as the Rasmussen Affair during the Tour de France 2007.
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

Yes to online record list.

I think true Records just happen and shouldnt be planned like jumping the same hill 100 times in a row with best wind conditions.

Maybe it would also be harder to cheat World Records, espacially flying 10m more than all normal players.
Hills won in WC: 43
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

One thing is for sure: In an online record list, there would be no Pfleger, Jaluvka or Brykalski. At least not at the top 8)
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Daro0717

Post by Daro0717 »

good idea