Ideas for improvements

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Hans Gunnar

Ideas for improvements

Post by Hans Gunnar »

Hi, just a couple of ideas for improving the online-game.

1. When a user looses connection and leaves a competition he/she should not get minus-points in his/hers rating.
2. When rejoining a tournament after getting disconnected the user should continue with the tournament-points he/she had prior to leaving.

It's pretty frustrating to play if you experience network-problems (usually with the DSJ-server) as you'll loose lots of points everytime you get disconnected.
Thomas

Re: Ideas for improvements

Post by Thomas »

Hans Gunnar wrote:1. When a user looses connection and leaves a competition he/she should not get minus-points in his/hers rating.
If this change is made, then why not just rip out the network cable if you fall?

I like suggestion 2, and I'd like to add another suggestion:

Remove the tree by the jump on the Austria hill.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

2. When rejoining a tournament after getting disconnected the user should continue with the tournament-points he/she had prior to leaving.
This sounds reasonable and will most probably be implemented.
It's pretty frustrating to play if you experience network-problems (usually with the DSJ-server) as you'll loose lots of points everytime you get disconnected.
The problem should not be at the server side. There is plenty of server/network capacity available and most of the players have had no connection problems. Please check that your firewall is not breaking the connection and that there is no other software running which consumes your bandwidth.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Hans Gunnar wrote:Remove the tree by the jump on the Austria hill.
No way! There is a tree in denmark too and this is cool :wink:
Vik

Post by Vik »

Trees rox da house :lol:
zonaren

Post by zonaren »

suggestions for online-mode:

- color those in friends list.

(- i have noticed that the wind is rarely 2-3m/s from front)

Suggestions for none-online mode:

- possible to customize wind in training.
Beña

Post by Beña »

I don't know if I am th only one, but I liked the old distance lines from the 3.1 version better.
They just looked more like in reality.
Maybe one could achieve a compromise.
Alen

Post by Alen »

zonaren wrote:suggestions for online-mode:

yes I also thought about it, that would be great (e.g. in red colour like we can see ourselves in blue)

and also if possible
during tournament to highlight some jumper (e.g. someone that you are fighting for 1st place) in green colour to find him easily in the list so that you can know how far you need to jump to beat him :D
zonaren

Post by zonaren »

Alen wrote:
zonaren wrote:suggestions for online-mode:

yes I also thought about it, that would be great (e.g. in red colour like we can see ourselves in blue)

and also if possible
during tournament to highlight some jumper (e.g. someone that you are fighting for 1st place) in green colour to find him easily in the list so that you can know how far you need to jump to beat him :D
very good idea :) it would also be cool if the three leaders where colored. and maybe those who where unlucky not to qualify had different color then those who qualify :)
Hans Gunnar

Post by Hans Gunnar »

Another thing:

Lots of people are slow clicking the "Ready" button. It would be nice if those who're not qualified for the next round are ignored, and that the game continues as soon as everybody who are qualified have pressed "Ready" (even if some of those who didn't qualify still are on "Hold").
zonaren

Post by zonaren »

Hans Gunnar wrote:Another thing:

Lots of people are slow clicking the "Ready" button. It would be nice if those who're not qualified for the next round are ignored, and that the game continues as soon as everybody who are qualified have pressed "Ready" (even if some of those who didn't qualify still are on "Hold").
thats a good idea :)
Martin Kafka

Just a couple of my suggestions

Post by Martin Kafka »

My "wish-list" currently consists of these things:

1) Spectator mode (in online)
- for example, when you're not in the mood for jumping and just want to chat with others and comment the results

2) Adjustable gates in practice
- wouldn't that be cool? :-)))

3) Possibility of disabling all the record lines
- WR line can be disabled, but the LR is still pretty annoying (my opinion)
- oh, and it visually shortens the jumps

4) In online - highlighted longest jump of the competition after both rounds (in bold and red colour for example)

5) Fix the small typo when you click the info on Romania hill - there should be HS228 instead of HS227 which is wrong :-)) but that's really just a tiny detail :-)

6) A BIG THANK YOU for the official forum.......FINALLY!

And of course, a few common ideas which you have already probably heard a million times, Jussi :-) - I would love to see more hills in the future and more rich visual content (some audience, more trees, dirty snow, snowfall, sun, etc...)
That's it for now. And I definitely agree with Hans on the second point - the idea of when rejoining a tournament after getting disconnected the user should continue with the tournament-points he/she had prior to leaving.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

If a player is idle (e.g throughout 2 or 3 competitions), then he should automatically be kicked, or his status should automatically be set to "Ready".
Vid

Post by Vid »

An interesting classification (or record list on Mediamond homepage) would be the (his all time) best rating that each player has achieved during online playing.

This would be cool to watch because it isn't hard to go over 1300 when you have a good day but it is extremely hard just to stay there, let alone further climb up the ladder.

The 1400+ guys are in an incredibly constant form and high (or highest) rating is the best indicator of that skill.
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Yes, we need rating records list.