DSJ to linux

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Paatzo

DSJ to linux

Post by Paatzo »

It would be nice if I could play DSJ also in Linux without emulator.
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ @ 2,4GHz
MSI K8N SLI
2GB DDR400MHz PC3200
MSI GeForce NX7600GT 256MB PCI-E
Leetux

Re: DSJ to linux

Post by Leetux »

Yes it would be nice, but porting DirectX game to OpenGL is not easy... As i read on Wine site, Jussi said it will not be DSJ for Linux. But maybe compiling DSJ with Winelib will give results? Winelib [from Wine project, what is an emulator for Windows apps and games] is the way to compile Windows apps for Linux. http://winehq.com/ - site of Wine.

By the way, anybody knows how to run it on Wine or Cedega?
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

I don't have currently plans to make a linux version.
hplgonzo

questions concerning dsj

Post by hplgonzo »

servus jussi.

first of all dsj is a great game ... a friend of mine found it on the internet and since then we always play the demo version of dsj with our friends on my notebook on a 42" full hd tv screen mostly on the weekend and its really amazing. unfortunately there are not very much hills, so i've decided to buy the game.

the only thing i don't like about dsj3 is that i'm forced to boot wind0ws for playing the game, because my pc as well as my notebook are running under debian linux.

so i've got some questions to you.
1. do you have some ideas on how to get dsj3 running under linux with wind0w emulation like wine, and
2. do you still don't have any plans for porting dsj3 to linux systems?
3. can i play the on both computers? my notebook and my pc with the registration code? for instant the ea football manager is playable on up to 5 computers with the registration code you receive
4. my questions concerning registration and payment. do i just have to send you an e-mail with the orderform.txt and a scan of the "payment form" attached?
5. in austria i need your "bankleitzahl" (number of the bank) and your "kontonummer" (account number) to send you the money, but i don't know which numbers i should use for an austrian "erlagschein" (payment form)

-> if you follow the url you can see an austrian standard payment form http://www.ipa-tirol.at/imst/erlagschein.htm
on the upper right side you can find the tag "Kontonummer EmpfängerIn" -> this is for your account number
next to it you can see the tag "BLZ-Empfängerbank" -> number of your bank
it would be nice if you could send me a message with that information *g

okay unfortunately i wrote more than i expected at the beginning (and not only stuff concerning dsj3 on linux) and my posting doesn't match the category "Ideas / Suggestions". sorry for that ... please move it to the correct category.

greetings from austria.
hplgonzo

ps: can't wait to see schliri and the austrians jumping against great master janne again next winter ... *g
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

1. I did some experiments with running DSJ3 on Wine but there seemed to be too many problems so I had to give up.
2. Sorry, no such plans currently.
3. It's ok to play on two computers, if you don't play them at the same time.
4. Yes, that's how it works.
5. The bank id is the first part (513205) and account number the last part (20046434). Anyway I think that you should use a special kind of EU/SEPA Überweisung formula and enter the bank account in IBAN form.
hplgonzo

Post by hplgonzo »

thx 4 your reply.
concerning the mentioned eu-payment form: i'm gonna check this out at my local bank