More Statistics

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Jan Cihosky

More Statistics

Post by Jan Cihosky »

In every sport as you might well know, there is lot of stats which helps players and coaches to lot of different things, strategy, improving skill, weaknesses etc.

My idea is to track each player's jumps. These stats will be visible of course only for him/her.

1) total jumps made (day, month, year, for each hill). Elapsed playing time (day, month, year)
2) total falls (day, month, year, percentages)
3) average jump length (each hill individually, all together)
4) most valuable jump (the jump points are very underrated, most valuable jump is not even recorded anywhere)
5) progress chart (tracking PB and dates on each hill, to see the jumper's progress)
6) special online game tracking (jumps made, falls, best increase in rating, worse decrease in rating etc.)

All this I believe strongly will make the people jump longer time, further distances and have more fun.

Jussi, if you like just something from this list, please consider it. There is thousands of stats possible to track. Maybe you can post a poll on the website to vote which stats the players welcome...

I like the idea to track the total length for small hills, medium hills, big hills (know many players who excell in small hills). This will make the game even more competitive - and that is our common goal.
United nations of DSJ
Vid

Post by Vid »

One thing I know that lots of players miss about the stats is that we don't know how many hills one has jumped in a tournament. I think that would not be hard to add to the existing stats file that you can save after every competition.

5) progress chart (tracking PB and dates on each hill, to see the jumper's progress)
This is already available at Mediamod forum.

Of course I support all Jan's ideas as well.
Who needs drugs when you've got DSJ??
AJ

Post by AJ »

Nice ideas, I support you
Leper Messiah TR

Post by Leper Messiah TR »

yeah, we want statistics!
Piotr Bukowski

Post by Piotr Bukowski »

yes I agree - please add stats in DSJ 1.7 :D