Should be possible to achieve personal best while training

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
AJ

Should be possible to achieve personal best while training

Post by AJ »

I'm pretty new to this game, so excuse me if my suggestions are stupid, but I've experienced that if you set a new personal best while in training mode, this personal best wont be added to the list. What's the reason of this? Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you beat your personal best in training mode and you didn't have to write down the record? Then you can jump the same hill over and over again, without restarting.

It would also be cool if you could manually change the name of the hills (as you can with the players and add some audience, so it feels more realistic. It would also be nice if you didn't had to watch the result from all jumpers (when you play alone/single player mode) and instead the computer would just instantly add the results, but I realize that might be difficult.

Creating some kind of campaign mode, where you need to complete some tasks, or start a career as a young jumper and increase your skill (and you can of course decide where you will put them) would also be really cool. Further into the campaign you can chose new equipment and coaches. It would also be fun if you could decide how tall the jumpers should be (make a tall jumper and it looks like Anders Bardal, make a short one and it looks more like Jernej Damjan).

Another thing that I would have admired would have been if there was possible to decide what kind of ski your jumper uses, like Atomic, Fischer, Elan etc, though I guess it is maybe some "copy right" issues about that. However, if I had been for example Fischer, I would have considered it as free commercial.

At last I just want to say that I think it's a superior game, and I guess new features to the game will cost money to develop, but as this is a suggestion forum I guess it's ok with some suggestions:)