Difference in wind

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.

Do you think that the wind varies to much online?

Yes, way to much
56%
Yes, a bit to much
25%
It's fine as it is
19%
No, it should vary a little bit more
No votes
No, it should vary much more
No votes

Total votes: 32

Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Thomas wrote:It's serious within the game in a sense that it's an issue that affects the game a lot in a negative way. It's not serious like peace discussions in the Middle East, but that's not we're talking about.
Sorry, I just couldn't resist teasing you a bit :wink:
Thomas wrote:The theoretic solution to the issue is very simple: Make the wind change EQUALLY for everyone, then talent will that much more important when everybody is jumping under equal conditions. People will whine about taking away an element of realism, but f--- that! It's a game! If they could make the wind perfectly equal for everyone in real life ski jumping, then they would do it!
I agree! If it can be done (can it jussi?), equal conditions for everyone would be great. What I would not like to see is a wind corridor limiting the wind change. This would alter the game too much in my opinion.
Audun

Post by Audun »

@Jussi:
Please do something about the wind, I'm getting crazy :? If I want to play a game were luck is very important, I'll play yatzy or something =P

Most people that write/vote here also think it's way to much variation, so it's not just me that doesn't like how it is now...

Also, it's extremly difficult to keep the ranking steady between the big tournaments, cause if let's say 15 people are playing, and I get extremly bad wind, and I end on 9. place, I'll lose like 5-7 ranking points... Let's say that on the next hill I'm extremly lucky with the wind, and win (yay :mrgreen: ), I'll only earn back 1-2 ranking points... So, although I then get avarage wind altogather, I still lose 4-6 ranking points...
Alen

Post by Alen »

It was fun to see results of qualifying in France today in one WC
5 jumped around 230m, 5 around 210m and 5 below 200m
try and guess why :lol: :roll:
bioLarzen

Post by bioLarzen »

Thomas wrote:This whole wind matter was serious enough for me to stop playing the game.
My exact words. I said the same here and in private mails to Jussi earlier.