Wind blocker/stabilizer?

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
doubleffect

Wind blocker/stabilizer?

Post by doubleffect »

After DSJ4 is released, it will be the game for all competitions so DSJ3 records etc. won't be updated, I believe.

Is it possible to implement a simple thing like in DSJ4 when one can set up various things in Practice mode? There isn't much to set up in DSJ3, there's just wind direction and wind power. I ask because an idea popped into my mind. In CC there is a competition, "Longest Standing", held at the end of the season in which the only thing that matters is the length of jumps. Jumpers may choose the starting gate. It's impossible in the game but I'm sure it's possible to manipulate wind. I'm surprised that no wind editor was made.

It's common knowledge various wind power is the best at different hills. 4.0 m/s is maybe great at the smallest hills but for flying hills something around 2.0-2.5 m/s is much better and 4.0 m/s actually causes too much slowdown at takeoff and it's harder to keep balance while in air.

If no wind changer, then maybe at least wind blocker? So if I have a competition with 40 jumpers, I have the same wind for all of them.
Last edited by doubleffect on 13 Jan 2012, 14:56, edited 1 time in total.
DSJ3 Personal best: 314.0m (Slovenia)
DSJ4 Personal best: 196.5m (Planica) (what a great jump that was!...)
lukicabukica

Post by lukicabukica »

Jussi :!: :!: :!:
You should move the K point a bit further :!: :!: :!:
I just dont want to see Canada HS107 K89 it would be more realistic if it was K95.
Belarus is OK but in... Georgia (HS207) you could move the K point to 185m like real :!:
doubleffect

Re: Wind blocker/stabilizer?

Post by doubleffect »

So, the first version of DSJ4 is out. There's a nice thing there that the wind doesn't change that much. It'd be really nice if there was a thing to make the wind be less changeable in DSJ3 because it's a nightmare now when you've got 50 jumpers and you control all of them, there's like 100% chance that the 1st one is going to have the opposite wind compared to the 50th jumper.

Can anything be done about this? I mean, if the wind is 3.0 m/s at the start of a competition, is there any way it could not change its power and direction that much?

I know that the main target is DSJ4 right now but I'm actually disappointed by the physics. I don't really demand greater graphics etc. DSJ3 was just fine but the wind conditions are killing me.
DSJ3 Personal best: 314.0m (Slovenia)
DSJ4 Personal best: 196.5m (Planica) (what a great jump that was!...)