Chat filters

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
EyTschej

Chat filters

Post by EyTschej »

The current online chat filter is bull, so there needs to be an improvement. For example: When you are ranked third, in German we call that player "Dritter" - but this gets censored in the chat. There's nothing obscene with being third, as far as I'm concerned. And this is just one of several examples. At the same time, some stuff that should be filtered can easily be written.

I don't know how the chat filter is triggered, but the list of forbidden phrases either needs to be corrected or it needs to be localized in a way i.e. players registered in Germany are applied a German filter, players registered in Poland are applied a Polish filter and so on ...
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

There is a list of words that gets censored if they are part of any strings. The list is by no means comprehensive (I'm not that good in swearing in foreign languages :wink:), but the point is to give a tip that the language should be kept nice and clean.

It's pretty difficult to distinguish if the censored words are used as compound words or if they simply exist there by accident, which causes some words to be censored unjustly. This is something that could be improved, but it's not on priority.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Well, what about my second option, the idea to distinguish by country (if that's technically possible)? Or maybe only English censorship? You certainly can't filter all languages. This is most likely what causes totally common German terms to be censored for no reason at all. The primary language for international game rooms is English anyway, so there should only be an English chat filter. There's gotta be an easy solution for this.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog