Remove this bug

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
Mystikal

Remove this bug

Post by Mystikal »

I recently jumped 199 meters in Romania in the WC today, and I didnt qualify, but a guy that jumped 198 and crashed qualified!!!!! This rule has to be removed ,as it makes no sense at all :evil:
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Remove this bug

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Mystikal wrote:I recently jumped 199 meters in Romania in the WC today, and I didnt qualify, but a guy that jumped 198 and crashed qualified!!!!! This rule has to be removed ,as it makes no sense at all :evil:
It's not a bug but an official rule which is also applied by FIS.
Mystikal

Post by Mystikal »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Mystikal wrote:I recently jumped 199 meters in Romania in the WC today, and I didnt qualify, but a guy that jumped 198 and crashed qualified!!!!! This rule has to be removed ,as it makes no sense at all :evil:
It's not a bug but an official rule which is also applied by FIS.
so if Malysz jumps 110 meters and is on 33th place, and Jacobsen jumps 111 meters is on 31st, Malysz goes trough to the second round? never saw that rule :P
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Mystikal wrote: so if Malysz jumps 110 meters and is on 33th place, and Jacobsen jumps 111 meters is on 31st, Malysz goes trough to the second round? never saw that rule :P
Yes, if Malysz crashes and the longest jump on that round is no more than 122 meters.
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

I've read through the rules now, and I can't say that Jussi is wrong since the rules are formulated very easily. However, I do believe that the rules could be interpreted differently.

This is what the rules say:
A jumper who has reached 90 % of the maximum length of the jumpers who have to be qualified but has a fall, has the right to participate in the competition in addition to the 50.
A jumper, who has reached in the first round 90 % of the maximum length but had a fall, has the right to participate in the final in addition to the first 30.
But what Mystikal says, just can't be right. Here is a similar scenario

01. - 219m - 210p - q
02. - 218m - 209p - q
[...]
49. - 201m - 190p - q
50. - 200m - 189p - q
51. - 199m - 188p -
[...]
68. - 198m - 165p - q*

It wouldn't be sane of FIS to make a rule that keeps the one if the 51st position to go through because he didn't crash...

Edit: Changed from big Q to small q for the top two since the rule says that you qualify if you jump (and fall) within 90 % of the longest jump of those who have to qualify, not within 90 % of the longest jump overall. And for those who are unfamiliar with Q/q: Big Q means that the jumper was prequalified since he's in the top 15 in the World Cup Standings. Small q means that the jumper qualified in a regular way.