time of waiting to jump

Ideas and suggestions for improving DSJ3.
sw2001

time of waiting to jump

Post by sw2001 »

Suggestion:
instead of waiting 15 secs (which gives cheaters[xspeed-guys] the possibility to cheat) half it down (at least).
Torsten

Re: time of waiting to jump

Post by Torsten »

sw2001 wrote:Suggestion:
instead of waiting 15 secs (which gives cheaters[xspeed-guys] the possibility to cheat) half it down (at least).
I don't think that xspeed works because of the 15 secs?!? Hopefully!
taf

Post by taf »

omg how many times do we need to say that xspeed doeasnt wotk on version 1.5
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

taf wrote:omg how many times do we need to say that xspeed doeasnt wotk on version 1.5
How do you know if there isn't a new version of XSpeed out there that is being kept under the radar? Personally I don't think there is, but I still think the 15 seconds should be reduced to 10 seconds just like in the real world.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Thomas wrote:How do you know if there isn't a new version of XSpeed out there that is being kept under the radar? Personally I don't think there is, but I still think the 15 seconds should be reduced to 10 seconds just like in the real world.
I think jussi's xspeed-prevention is clever enough just to count the time from starting the inrun upto the landing ;)
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Torsten wrote:
Thomas wrote:How do you know if there isn't a new version of XSpeed out there that is being kept under the radar? Personally I don't think there is, but I still think the 15 seconds should be reduced to 10 seconds just like in the real world.
I think jussi's xspeed-prevention is clever enough just to count the time from starting the inrun upto the landing ;)
That is exactly how I thought the problem should be solved, but what if a clever nerd is able to also slow down the clock that times the jump...?
Ats

Post by Ats »

15sec rule is good, because:
1) Maybe some people want to take pictures or watch the results
2) Maybe someone would like to go to bathroom, make a sandwitch or sth
3) Go to desktop to do sth
...or whatever, there are millions of opportunities that people could do during the 15sec.
DSJ4 beta-2 will be released this month! Click here for information:
http://dsj4center.blogspot.com
Last update: 6th March
Mystikal

Post by Mystikal »

you forgot "you know what" :lol:
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

My apologies, I thought we were talking about the 15 seconds before the green light changes to red. Either way, I wouldn't mind seeing both occurrences of 15 seconds changed to 10 seconds.

When there are 35+ people in the game room, there is bound to be at least one who doesn't jump until right before the light goes red, and there is bound to be at least one who doesn't click the ready button. That means 30 seconds of waiting per jump for those of us who just want to keep jumping. Booooring...
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Thomas wrote:My apologies, I thought we were talking about the 15 seconds before the green light changes to red.
Me too :) But i think you (we) are right..
sw2001

Post by sw2001 »

I'm talking about the 15 s until the light turns from green to red.

To reduce the other time of waiting would be a good idea too.