92,14m from UK and 283,77m from JPN by Josef Jaluvka!!!!!!!

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
Severin

Post by Severin »

So, after watching both jumps, I have to say:

I don't know if the wind is manipulated, I'm quite sure that the jumps are made with slowdown, but if I look at the WRs in 1.5 made without bug (they were also made with slowdown AND partial with incredible wind (due to the rotating wind problem)).

Josef jumped longer than the old records on both hills, so these are of course good jumps (japan about 2 meters longer than matej jeznik in 1.5)

the main aim must be impossibility to use slowdown in the game. Seems like the only solution, or to allow it again (imho the wrong, the absolutely wrong thing to do, as I like the game as it is now...)

It would be nice to know how many people still use Win98, because if it's a small percentage of the total players, why not just make the game only for XP and Vista?
AFAIK slowdown only is possible on Win98, and it can't be that hard to block it for Win98 , can it? (I really don't know, I just suppose it's like that)
Of course it's a bit radical, but I think the real majority of the people already use WinXP or higher, and some seem to use Win98 just to be able to use slowdown ;)

Greetings

EDIT: One thing I don't understand: Why don't we get the replays, but only the videos of the jumps? Would like to see the jumps in-game...
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Severin wrote: It would be nice to know how many people still use Win98, because if it's a small percentage of the total players, why not just make the game only for XP and Vista?
AFAIK slowdown only is possible on Win98, and it can't be that hard to block it for Win98 , can it? (I really don't know, I just suppose it's like that)
Of course it's a bit radical, but I think the real majority of the people already use WinXP or higher, and some seem to use Win98 just to be able to use slowdown ;)

Greetings
I have Vista (sh.. by the way) and I can use slowdown.
Ski-Stars Summer grand prix Dsj4 champion 2012

Up the irons
Severin

Post by Severin »

ah ok, didn't know that...

That's of course a problem then, so the only possible thing seems that Jussi will one day be able to block slowdown completely...
Michal Skalik

Post by Michal Skalik »

Jussi will one day be able to block slowdown completely...
Sounds like a dream... :P
StepByStep
onkelsmerte

Post by onkelsmerte »

or we all start using slowdown!
Bjørn Andre Monsen

Post by Bjørn Andre Monsen »

Jussi?? why are you not say any thing about this.. give us some info about what you gonna do... . :roll:
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Bjørn Andre Monsen wrote:Jussi?? why are you not say any thing about this.. give us some info about what you gonna do... . :roll:
Maybe because I don't have any better solution right now...
Krzysztof Stuchlik

Post by Krzysztof Stuchlik »

Jussi you must take replay- all replay. You can write to Stepan and Josev!!!! We doing other
*****Shahen*****
Never to retreat, never to surrender!
Slovenia HS281 -320,90 m (World Record)

http://www.shahendsj.aaf.pl
Severin

Post by Severin »

Why?

The only one still to be doubted is imho Waldemar... 327 in Slovenia is also with slowdown unbelievable, also if you look at torstens mathematics... If you look at jaluvkas videos well it just looks like slowdown... And as we know that slowdown is possible in 1.7 on some computers, Jaluvka and Pfleger use slowdown. But that seems to be the only thing they do... Yeah, they jump about 1-2 meters longer on most of the hills than Jeznik, Feric or Karwat did, but that's imho possible, also if you "just" use slowdown...

I don't know exactly what should the replays should prove more.

One thing still: I don't think that what Domin writes on youtube will help that Jaluvka will publish the replays ;)
R C A PATIJN

Post by R C A PATIJN »

MAybe is 327m in SLO accidently done with the landing bug.
My name is Sander, not RCA!!
Severin

Post by Severin »

I never got that: What is that landing bug actually?
mis

Post by mis »

Severin wrote:I never got that: What is that landing bug actually?
It's a jump that for some reason is measured wrong, similar to fallbug but you land normally. It is extremely rare but some of us have had one and there was also a thread with some replays that probably are old now.

http://www.mediamond.fi/forum/viewtopic.php?t=766
Severin

Post by Severin »

yeah well, don't necessarily have to see a replay, they were all deleted, but I get it anyway...