Jumping Teknique & Replay Uploads

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.

Who Goanna be nr.1 Zis Week-enduh?? // Tell Me The DIstance? 245 Meters!!

Gregor Schlierenzauer
46%
Bjorn Einar Romoeren
17%
Janne Ahonen
21%
Adam Malysz
13%
Tom Hilde
No votes
Anybody?
4%

Total votes: 24

IamJaruh

Jumping Teknique & Replay Uploads

Post by IamJaruh »

I am a very new and most unpro, so forgive me in advance for asking stupendous questions.. Big hello to all of you first, happy to be participating DSJ.

I am trying t watch replays in the full modus of DSJ. As i can see my own of course, how do i upload yours, the ones posted on the forums, so i can be taught how to jump forever ?!!

And as far as it comes to do an attempt for the longest jump in the world of DSJ, who can teach me? Practise every day and hard is the main thing, but honestly i don't come very far yet. I have practised in the demo version now for some time, but i seem to suck in jumping, as probably everybody coming from Amsterdam Low Landed City of Marihuana.. Maybe some tips in flying position?

Thanks in advance, nice meeting you, see you online..

Planica 249 meters by Einar Romoeren & Schlieri this week-end !!

Malysz For Ever!!
Either they are crazy, or i am very smart..
Torsten

Re: Jumping Teknique & Replay Uploads

Post by Torsten »

IamJaruh wrote:I am a very new and most unpro, so forgive me in advance for asking stupendous questions.. Big hello to all of you first, happy to be participating DSJ.

I am trying t watch replays in the full modus of DSJ. As i can see my own of course, how do i upload yours, the ones posted on the forums, so i can be taught how to jump forever ?!!
Hi :o)

For watching downloaded replays you just have copy them to the DSJ3-Replays-Folder on your harddisk.
(thats normallly C:\Program Files\Deluxe Ski Jump 3\User Files\Replays\ ) ...

Good luck!
Torsten
IamJaruh

REPLAYS in Effect!

Post by IamJaruh »

Thanks to you so much, stupid brain error not to think of it mi-selve! Your replays come off great, improved my skills instantly watching your style, great by the way!

See y'around..., perhaps even competing!!

Enjoy your week-end, and the Grand Finals these days.

..after some time of aging, probably never, possible when turned 85!!
Torsten

Re: REPLAYS in Effect!

Post by Torsten »

Was a pleasure!

Btw.: The most important thing (besides a good jumping style, of course) is good wind! You cannot do long jumps with wind from behind ... so if you wanna get a hint:
- Create about 10 jumpers (or more) with your name
- Select them all for participating at the world cup
- Select qualifiying, too
- Start the world cup on ONE hill and quit it immediately if the wind isn't that good
- Start jumping only of the wind is quite good: 2 - 4 m/s form the front
--> now you will have some jumps (up to 30 in a row with your 10 jumpers) with similar wind conditions
(if the wind is getting bad again --> quit the world cup and start it again while looking for good wind conditions as described above)

:wink:
IamJaruh

Thanks Again!!

Post by IamJaruh »

Really helpfull hints!, Thanks again... Enjoyed the last matches this week-end in Planica? Nice wheather conditions compared what we had lately..., quiet nice jumps as well!! Shame for Romoeren he fell out today, Schmit had a nice jump didn't he, but great to see young guys taking Ski-Flying on a higher plan, the Austria team is really energetic to see.. Do you have an idea who's going to be represented as Bund-Coach Germany?

Thanks for your tips Torsten, See you around!!

Jeroen
Piotr Bukowski

Re: REPLAYS in Effect!

Post by Piotr Bukowski »

Torsten wrote:Was a pleasure!

Btw.: The most important thing (besides a good jumping style, of course) is good wind! You cannot do long jumps with wind from behind ... so if you wanna get a hint:
- Create about 10 jumpers (or more) with your name
- Select them all for participating at the world cup
- Select qualifiying, too
- Start the world cup on ONE hill and quit it immediately if the wind isn't that good
- Start jumping only of the wind is quite good: 2 - 4 m/s form the front
--> now you will have some jumps (up to 30 in a row with your 10 jumpers) with similar wind conditions
(if the wind is getting bad again --> quit the world cup and start it again while looking for good wind conditions as described above)

:wink:
yes this sollution is very good (especially in replay tournaments :)