Delete the fake hill records!

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
Leper Messiah TR

Delete the fake hill records!

Post by Leper Messiah TR »

yesterday I was playing to improve some of my hill records, and after like 100 jumps on Slovenia I finally jumped 300m; ´t wasn´t easy and I think I play better now than ever before, and I have seen that I can keep pace with people on online game, at least when I can keep the focus; what I want to say is that I jumped 300 and am # 2004 (!!!) in the longest jump list, and I don´t think that there are more than 2000 jumpers out there that are better than me, so obviously a big part of that records must be reached by cheating!
I ultimately am against cheating in multiplayer games, especially online and I want that those fake hill records must be removed for the sake of fairness, for the sake of the game and for the sake of all who want to have a good, fair competition and really want to know how good they are compared to all the other players out there, so
DELETE THE FAKE HILL RECORDS, JUSSI!

if you players agree, post here to get rid of unfairness!
Oyster

Post by Oyster »

I don't agree with you...
BODI

Post by BODI »

I AGREE,AND I WRITE TO JUSSI BEFORE ABOUT THAT.

CHEATERS RUINED THE FAIRNESS OF THIS EXEPSIONAL GAME AND THE LIST OF RECORDS IS LEADING BY THEM-CCA 10 METERS BEFORE THE BEST OF FAIR PLAYERS.

SADDLY........
Get movin´ ;)
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

What's the point in deleting the list, when it will just be filled up again with false records? First we would need a version of the game that made it absolutely impossible to upload records sat with slowmo. I'm guessing that today's system for uploading records doesn't even check which version was used to set the records. This has to be implemented, and after that, what about all the other legit records sat with v1.1-1.4? The program doesn't know if slowmo was used to set the records, so everybody would either have to delete all their records (not very fun) or they would have to improve all their records (impossible).

I'm guessing that Jussi isn't going to do anything with DSJ3 with regards to the records. Instead he can focus on the online part which has turned it in to a whole new game. Also I wouldn't be surprised if he's secretly working on DSJ4 where one of the most important changes is more focus on cheat prevention
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Full agree with Thomas!
Leper Messiah TR

and what would be the problem with running 2 high score lists, one with cheats and any version, and one new for 1.5?
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Leper Messiah TR wrote:and what would be the problem with running 2 high score lists, one with cheats and any version, and one new for 1.5?
1: Jussi don't want to do 2 parallel lists
2: Cheat prevention works in V1.5 .. if you don't use Windows 98 ....
Bart

Post by Bart »

Sry to disapoitning you but 300 m in slovenia is easy to jump with slo or without with sev or without its not like 300 m in Austriala in DSJ 2

And people can't understand that only one thing detroyed this lists sev-bug no slowmotion

The record on slovenia without sev bug is about 323,43 and exist only few players who can beat this (retired, like me btw) of course without using sevbug
Ilkka

Post by Ilkka »

I really agree with deleting fake records. For example, take a look at FIN League: Hill Records
Emil Sandholm seems to have record in every hill. And all the records has been made within 2 monts! Seems like _very_ bullsh*it to me!

I've made Estonia's FIN-record on 2005 (196.88m) with totally no cheating, and I'm proud of it. I can say 99% for sure that mr. Emil Sandholm's current FIN-record (197.44m) is a fake - just like his other records too. Neither mr. Sandholm's Online Rating (1092) is really poor and gives no support for his "great hill records"

It's sad that these kind of losers will spoil up the lists with their crappy cheats, and all the REAL records will be reseted also, as far as I know :( 196.88m @ Estonia with NO CHEATING is a result that won't be beated every day, I think.

I would be happy if Jussi would delete all of the mr. Emil Sandholm's records and ban his user account. It's nothing personal but I'm just pissed of cheaters - especially this one. I mr. Sandholm can prove that his records have been made without any cheating, I'll take my words back. Thank you, I have spoken.[/url]
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

@Ilkka:
As said a 1000 times before:
Deleting the recordlists by now wouldn't make any sense!!
As long as it is possible to jump with SlowMo-Tools and/or using the Sev-Bug you will never be sure if any of the records is done with or without using this advantage. There will always be doubts.
At first Jussi has to fix these problems and then he can reset the recordlists. That's frustrating, but so it is by now. And the second point is: what if there is a player with great skills who can beat all of the FIN-records within a couple of weeks? If you think that's not possible .. I think (after playing DSJ for about 5 years): it is possible! It's all a question of time, luck and skills ;)
Severin

Post by Severin »

yeah well, that would be the perfect:

A new version with reworked physics and no possibility to cheat.
Cause right now there's no "fair" competition than the online one, and as I can't play online, I've to take to other one :roll:
Leper Messiah TR

Bart wrote:Sry to disapoitning you but 300 m in slovenia is easy to jump with slo or without with sev or without its not like 300 m in Austriala in DSJ 2

And people can't understand that only one thing detroyed this lists sev-bug no slowmotion

The record on slovenia without sev bug is about 323,43 and exist only few players who can beat this (retired, like me btw) of course without using sevbug
but the sev-bug is disabled in 1.5, so only including 1.5 longest jumps in the list would be much of an improvement
I know there are lots of people that are better than me, but I do only respect fair high scores
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Leper Messiah TR wrote:but the sev-bug is disabled in 1.5, so only including 1.5 longest jumps in the list would be much of an improvement
I know there are lots of people that are better than me, but I do only respect fair high scores
It's still possible to use the sev-bug on 1.4, update to 1.5 and send the "1.5"-records ...
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

yes...I am for reset hill records...but..but...am I sure,even then there won't be no ccheeting???NO...so it is nonsense...someone always find way to cheet...but I dont call this slo-mo cheet...the all thing is in bugs in games...slo-mo it is just for better conntrol of jump...but o.k.everyone has his own eyes to judge that...when I start play this game...I knew there is something wrong with hill records...they were better about 10meters per hill...or less...and I really played hard to get 6398 without slo-mo..and on 5-6 hills points...and I was very angry,like you all when I find out they are jumping with slo-mo...without that I can be sure..my results could be in top 5....and Torsten told me about slo-mo...and so-on...and I wanna be in the top 10..so i had to use slo-mo...and teach my self on slower speeds...and with that is nothing wrong for me...for me it is better filling when I do perfect jump....but Sevo-style..that should be solved...and not used...that's got nothing to do with ski-jumping...there are to many problems with this game...on tjis speed..is game to fast for many eyes..to do a perfect jumps...and this average for me...not best...but I could be back on this speed...If I was once,I can be for second time...and I know I can be the best...with or without slo-mo...here are speaking my results...and many of "cheeters" are victium of the game...or just 5 persons...which were un-beatable...and in humans nature is to be first...;)
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Again (as in the other thread): I totally agree with you, Ermel!
(and Sevi :wink: )