Beginner question

Discussion about the hill records, jumping techniques and replays.
Audun

Post by Audun »

Martin Kowallik wrote:Hello again,

i would be very gratefully, if someone watch 4 of my replays and give me some opinions about my flights and jumps.

http://rapidshare.com/files/13153919/Replays.rar

Please!

Thanks!
You have to get much more closer to the skies, and be faster to pull down the mouse right after the take-off. The take-off didn't look bad though.

Good luck with the jumping
sw2001

Post by sw2001 »

Torsten wrote:
Metsi wrote:Nope, only backwards and foreward (for side cam it is left and right)
I don't think so!
Left and forward have the same function (up)
Right and backward have the same function too (down)

The difference is: backward/forward are more sensitive than left/right, aren't they?
left and right mouse moves have no effect at all (at least here) - unfortunately, cos I try most of the time to move the mouse right to get in position, and nothing happens.
zonaren

Post by zonaren »

i have watched some of the replays on mediamond-site and i have pretended that im jumping in the replay. thats good practice if ur a beginner. personally i need practice in the medium-hills ;)
Mystikal

Post by Mystikal »

cant believe ppl ask for cheats in here, and theres also ppl helping them :o
dzamper

Post by dzamper »

See some rocord jumps... End of skies... He's closer or further... I think left is closer, right is further :)
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Alrighty so i download this qulity it really is but i just cant jump.
Dont know what it is with me but i just cant jump for some reason.

I mostly use Finland and have only got a poorish 106m lol

But anyway i get to almost the tip like a few metres before it click both buttons then move the mouse backwards but only fly shortish.
Im guessing its just takes practice and i should be set but i just want to fly and im seeming to fail at that. :(
Grufugl

Post by Grufugl »

Eagle wrote:Im guessing its just takes practice and i should be set but i just want to fly and im seeming to fail at that. :(
Hi! I suggest you download some replays of good jumps, for example here: http://www.tenzor.cz/spark/dsj/ and try to learn from them. But anyway it takes a lot of practise to do really long jumps, so don't give up :) Start your take-off at the precise right moment (see replays!), come fast out in flight position, and try to balance so that you push just enough to keep the speed but do not loose to much hight. You get the longest jumps with wind coming in to the hill right against you, and the very best is increasing wind through the jump. Good luck :wink:
stefankrepper

Post by stefankrepper »

Torsten wrote:Hi Charly!

At first: One of the most important things is the takeoff! You have to push both mouse buttons as simultanously as possible!
Then move your mouse back as fast as possible. On larger hills the most important thing is speed and on smaller hills the most important thing is height :)

Download some replays here:
http://wallhome.dyndns.org/vik/replays/
http://dsj.republika.pl
watch them and try to do it the same way.

For long jumps wind from the front is important too ... and telemark isn't necessary ;)

Good luck!
It´s very nice to see in the replays how good people can cheating !
All what I see has nothing to do with ski jumping ! :twisted:
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

stefankrepper wrote:It´s very nice to see in the replays how good people can cheating !
All what I see has nothing to do with ski jumping ! :twisted:
Ehem ...
[ ] you know slowdown and the sevbug aren't available in V1.6 anymore
[ ] you don't know anything
so what are you talking about, stefan?
stefankrepper

Post by stefankrepper »

Torsten wrote:
Ehem ...
[ ] you know slowdown and the sevbug aren't available in V1.6 anymore
[ ] you don't know anything
so what are you talking about, stefan?
With Win 98 and V1.6 is slow down available !
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

stefankrepper wrote:
Torsten wrote: With Win 98 and V1.6 is slow down available !
Is that for sure?

BTW you've quoted a posting from january 2007 ... this wasn't about V1.6
and something about the mentioned site http://dsj.republika.pl with slowdown- and sevbug-replays: "Updated 13.06.2007"

So calm down ... if you want to, you may have a look at my jumps (link below) ... all clean ... i've heard about some slowdown-rumours on V1.6 but i think the rankings are (almost?) clean ...
ereml hajric

Post by ereml hajric »

Torsten,I think that the list isn't so clean as you are talking!I stoped playing DSJ becouse of that!! I had thrown eye on some rpl's,and nicly saw they are not clean!!ILike Domin said:for some guys I am shore that they are cheeting with smt(wheter xspeed,or any kind else tool,like defrag etc).And there is no sense to do in normal way,in one day 5-10 :shock: so good jumps,almost like with some speed - tool!!The "super lucky jumps" in normal way can be done,on every let's say 1000 jupmp,less or more!!!and those top 3 mens on the list...you can also nicly see who is jumping without anything!we are in few meters,centimeters,and I think I know now, was Cvetko trying to say,when we didn't understand him,and he had "some point" in that post!!

for me is enough of that,jump normal,jump with tool,jump normal and they will f*** you sooner or later!!! :P becouse in normal conditions,top 3 is not reachable.....

I've stop playing DSJ,for some time,till there won't be more solutions,smt fresh,with new hills maybe!!that would be great!!for all others I wish luck and nice wind for long however jumepd jumps!

cheers :wink:
Last edited by ereml hajric on 13 Mar 2008, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
Risto Salonen

Post by Risto Salonen »

Let's hope there's a way to make Windows 98 obsolete in DSJ :D
ljumo

Post by ljumo »

Hi all,

I just installed game and I love it, but I don’t get few things, for example sometimes my jump speed is higher on smaller hills lets say that I have speed around 105km/h on Japan and around 102 on Croatia, but my jump is way bigger on Croatia. Still I always jump between those 2 red lines, there is no way I can jump over the second one, my question is does the speed have much effect jumps or is it just that my jumps are bad on bigger hills, and what's the best wind for long jumps?

P.S. I saw few of yours jumps guys, RESPECT, and sorry if my English is bad.

Thanks
Jericho

Post by Jericho »

Hello.

Wind is everything in this game if you want good lengths.
Most of my jumps is also between the 2 red lines, so that is not unusual.
Well Japan was a bad example since you get max 90kmh there with wind from behind.
If you have a strong wind against, your speed can be as low as 87-88 kmh.. if I remmebered correctly.
But you jump much longer.
The speed in Japan is very low compared to the other big hills

Friday I did a 289+ jump in Poland and I would say I got close to perfect wind.
2 against in the inrun gave me good speed, and it increased during the flight to 4 against when I was around 250-260. Perfect.

If you are a new player, you cant expect to get the huge lenghts yet.
It takes practice, practice and practice.

Different technique in each hill is also important to learn...

Jericho