Online Tournaments on Wed 19.00 CE(S)T, Sat 20.00 CE(S)T

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.
Ricardo

Post by Ricardo »

Give me tell the NEAR YOU AND NAME SO THAT I can try and if I find I will BUY
Ralph K.

Post by Ralph K. »

http://www.mediamond.fi/dsj3/downloads/

Well, here you can find the dsj3 game. Without entering the key, you can jump on a demo vesion (I think it consists of 4 hills) and when you'll find the game interesting, you may buy the key in the link, which Jussi already gave you :)
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Good luck to the 3 or 4 players that will take part in tomorrow night's World Cup tournament while the rest of us are watching the small hill competition at the Olympic Games. :P :lol:
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

So, will there be a Spring Cup after the Winter Cup or just normal World Cup competitions? I really like that overall cup ranking from the dsjtournaments.com site. 8)
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

I think there will be a Summer Cup like last year. Maybe from May to July ? Hosted on green Summer Hills.
Last year the Cup included 16 events, for myself i woudl prefer some more , maybe 20 or something like that.

I think Jani Oravisjärvi is responsible for the Cup, but we can make suggestions to him. :wink:
Hills won in WC: 43
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

I think there will be a Summer Cup like last year. Maybe from May to July ?
Yes, summer cup will start in the end of May and I think it will be similar than it was in last year (16 competitions).
So, will there be a Spring Cup after the Winter Cup or just normal World Cup competitions? I really like that overall cup ranking from the dsjtournaments.com site. Cool
What others think: should there be Spring cup or is it good to have pause from cups now? It of course wouldn't be difficult to start Spring cup, we only need calendar and Jan-Erik adds it to his database.
Jani Oravisjärvi

Last year summer cup started in the end of May and lasted to the half way of July.

But it could start earlier if players want. Myself I like the idea that Summer cup would end before July.
Jani Oravisjärvi

I think someone else than me (maybe someone of admins?) should be calendar maker and kind of host in this and upcoming cups. It has never worked well that I'm in that role. If off-season competitions sometimes have more jumpers than winter cup or even more than long-waited world championships, it tells that something is wrong.

To me only motivating things in online are Winter Cup, Tour De DSJ and Summer Cup, but sometimes it looks like that many players even don’t know when cups are running.
Martin Kafka

Post by Martin Kafka »

The "problem" is definitely not in your organization which has been flawless throughout the years in my opinion. We need to understand that there are many people who don't care AT ALL about any cups / ratings etc., they come home from school or work or whatever and all they want is to relax for a while, enjoy some jumping, just for fun. Hell, there's even a lot of people who are not aware of the existence of this forum. You can't expect every living soul to follow some given calendars and schedules. The question could be - is it necessary to keep creating these cups at all? Do we really want/need them? You can see the evidence everywhere: when you open the final standings of the last Winter Cup - only a fraction (around 55) of roughly 500 (!) players attended more than a half out of 31 tournaments in total. Another proof: even the incredibly hyped-up DSJ3 offline championships with PRIZES didn't bring satisfying number of competitors (how many were there - around thirty?). Also notice how no-one communicates with you here in this thread - you ask questions, you care about the cup, you try to come up with various solutions, and others? They just don't care. It will be solved. Somehow. You release a calendar and that's it. And the final thing is, that the majority of online community is just not that skilled to keep up on the competitive level with the big ones (yeah, the Poles). You know, I believe it can get a bit annoying, even frustrating maybe, to keep ending up on some 30th, 40th places in these scheduled "official" tournaments, so in order to enjoy their own show these players logically prefer the smaller, not-so-famous events. It's nothing unusual that there's fairly loaded room after 10 P.M., sometimes even just before midnight. So I don't think there's anything wrong, it's just the way it is. Don't take this as a critique of anything, I'm only trying to explain why *I* think the things are as they are. And also don't forget - you're quite an exception with your 270 online participations, you could be considered veteran :-)
Jan Šterba

Post by Jan Šterba »

I definitely agree with Martin, but I also think, that for those competitive players, who watch this forum and follow all the cups there should be the tournaments organized. For example, I can't imagine DSJ 3 online without Winter or Summer Cup.
EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

I like the extra Cup rankings, I would have liked a Spring Cup as well. ONLINE tournaments are always nice. I don't care about OFFLINE tournaments though. That's why I didn't care about those offline "world championships".
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Jani Oravisjärvi

Martin Kafka wrote:message
I agree. It has been sad to find out this, because I've always thought these cups are center of this game. To me DSJ without online winter cup is like ski jumping season without world cup.
Last edited by Jani Oravisjärvi on 28 Apr 2010, 02:55, edited 2 times in total.
Jani Oravisjärvi

Because of some interested players I decided to do calendar of summer cup 2010. It will start already 5th May. I think this will be the last online cup before DSJ4.

EyTschej

Post by EyTschej »

Well, I would appreciate a finale Winter World Cup as well. I didn't have the chance to compete in a complete Winter Cup before. About the Summer Cup: I'll try to be there on Wednesdays and Saturdays, but I won't compete in the Marathons. They are simply too long.
skill since 1337 ;)
Mein Sport-Blog
Schnitzel

Post by Schnitzel »

I like theese Online Cups; but unfortunately i dont have time on Wednesday so the hole Cup doesnt make sense for me . :cry:
Hills won in WC: 43