Tournament 14/02/07 results and discussion

Discussion about online/offline tournaments.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tournament 14/02/07 results and discussion

Post by Jussi Koskela »

We had a full house of players once again. Congratulations to the winners and thanks for everyone for joining the tournament! :)
Last edited by Jussi Koskela on 15 Feb 2007, 09:51, edited 1 time in total.
Chrysler_Viper

Post by Chrysler_Viper »

i am the only one without a podiumsplace in the top15 ;)
that was my first tournament so i am quite satisfied about the result...but i am sure that i can get better, cuz the jumps werent aggressive enough... :D

gratulations to audun, huge advance ! ! !
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Congratulations to Audun. :)

And of course, very good Risto and Mikko. 8) (server even dropped Risto in the beginning so great result)

Myself I had very good day but server dropped me all the time and it messed whole thing. I missed at least 10 hills and it was difficult to concentrate but I scored about 600 points so it went quite well. Not very funny of course but I hope better luck at Saturday...
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Jani Oravisjärvi wrote: Myself I had very good day but server dropped me all the time and it messed whole thing.
The problem is actually not at the server side. There's plenty of network and cpu capacity available there. If it was a server problem it would concern all players equally and not just few players. If I had to guess I would say that the problem is with your local Internet connection.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Chrysler_Viper wrote:i am the only one without a podiumsplace in the top15 ;) [..]
Congratulations, Mr Winkler 8) Very constant jumping at a high level!
Jussi Koskela wrote:If I had to guess I would say that the problem is with your local Internet connection.
I think Jussi is right. At the beginning of DSJ online i was kicked every 30-60 seconds ...
Since i kill all running antivir and webcam processes at the windows task manager before playing online everything works fine :wink: (hint: sometimes the systray icons of these apps are still visible so i have to do a mouse over at the systray to make them fade away before i start DSJ) .. and killing messenger like ICQ, Yahoo!-Messenger, MSN-Messenger before playing isn't the badest idea, too ...
artsz

too Stefan Krepper ?

Post by artsz »

Stefan Krepper or Stefan Krepper 2 ? This the same person ??
Jani Oravisjärvi

Post by Jani Oravisjärvi »

Yes, my internet connection was quite weak yesterday and not only in the game so it was very likely local problem.
Chrysler_Viper

Post by Chrysler_Viper »

Torsten wrote: Congratulations, Mr Winkler 8) Very constant jumping at a high level![..]
yes thx, it was really good jumping, nearly always in top15, so that was quite constant, but to win this tournament or make just more points I should risk more, cuz its better to win on one hill and not to qualify on the next hill than jumping on every hill in top15, but as is said, it was my first tournament, tomorrow i will attack a little bit more :D
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Chrysler_Viper wrote:[...] cuz its better to win on one hill and not to qualify on the next hill than jumping on every hill in top15, but as is said, it was my first tournament, tomorrow i will attack a little bit more :D
I don't think so .. maybe it's better for a tournament, but It's definitivly not better for your skill rating :wink: