Problems with reading rotation sensor?

Discussion about the mobile version of DSJ2
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Problems with reading rotation sensor?

Post by Jussi Koskela »

jakozo wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:Here's a test program created by another vendor that could be used to analyze the problem:

I am interested in these topics:
1. Does accelerometer test work?
2. Does compass test work?
3. Does gyroscope test work?

If you click the number field at bottom of screen after "Total" are the following sensors listed:
1. GAME_ROTATION_VECTOR
2. ROTATION_VECTOR
3. GEOMAGNETIC_ROTATION_VECTOR
Realme 6:
1,2,3: Works, all sensors listed, cant controll jumper.
Do you get sensor data if you click Total *NN* and then select GAME_ROTATION_VECTOR?
Kardo

Post by Kardo »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Here's a test program created by another vendor that could be used to analyze the problem:

I am interested in these topics:
1. Does accelerometer test work?
2. Does compass test work?
3. Does gyroscope test work?

If you click the number field at bottom of screen after "Total" are the following sensors listed:
1. GAME_ROTATION_VECTOR
2. ROTATION_VECTOR
3. GEOMAGNETIC_ROTATION_VECTOR
Realme 6:
Only GAME_ROTATION_VECTOR isn't working :(
Dariusz Klimek

Post by Dariusz Klimek »

Jussi Koskela wrote:Deluxe Ski Jump 2 v1.0.3 is now rolling out on Google Play. The updated version will use accelerometer to interpret the orientation changes during the flight if gyroscope is missing.
Please report the results.
Is it possible that You will add option for players to choose which sensor they like to use?
In DSJ 2 tournaments was jumping as a Chicken RAPisT from summer 2002 till +- begining of 2004 year.
Jussi Koskela
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Jussi Koskela »

Dariusz Klimek wrote:
Jussi Koskela wrote:Deluxe Ski Jump 2 v1.0.3 is now rolling out on Google Play. The updated version will use accelerometer to interpret the orientation changes during the flight if gyroscope is missing.
Is it possible that You will add option for players to choose which sensor they like to use?
What's the use-case for that?

Currently the game tries to read gyroscope data for some time and if there's no data incoming it falls back to accelerometer. Normally gyroscope gives the best data, so for anybody with a functional gyroscope there shouldn't be a reason to use accelerometer. Of course some devices might have other options, too, and that's why I would like to know more about the use-case :)
Dariusz Klimek

Post by Dariusz Klimek »

Jussi Koskela wrote:
Dariusz Klimek wrote:
What's the use-case for that?

Currently the game tries to read gyroscope data for some time and if there's no data incoming it falls back to accelerometer. Normally gyroscope gives the best data, so for anybody with a functional gyroscope there shouldn't be a reason to use accelerometer. Of course some devices might have other options, too, and that's why I would like to know more about the use-case :)
On my redmi 6 i had accelerometer problem and no gyrowcope, when phone was on my desk and i tuch screen just to start jumper and go up, in the air jumper was going up and down, up and down, up and down - without tuching phone that lay motionless.
Then i change phone to redmi 9 - there was so much lag input, that when i put sensivity on 10 "shortest gibbon" i can make on Australia was taking +- 60 meters. I jump on other phones and have no problem with do it "normal way".
Then i start jumping on other people phones and on one, there was same situation like on my redmi 6 but this time with gyroscope, gyroscope is working, but sensor is dameged - not so much to "dont work at all" but i lost from 5 to 20 meters to my PB on DSJ2 MOBILE just because jumper goes up and down in the air all the time.
So for all people that have "damaged gyroscope, but still working" option to choose will be life saver (if accelerometer in phone is working fine.)
Now i fix my problem on Redmi 9 and there goes big thx for xiaomi customer service, but still there i got a lot of people asking me on my YT channel how to jump with gibbon, and even on sensitivity 10 they cannot do it. That is a little unfair for them because on some phones with gyroscope i was able to do it with sensitivity on "3", on others "5", on couple i was forced to change it to "10" to do it properly. And its still big diferent from my redmi 6 wher on accelerometer i can eazy do it with sensitivity on "1" having much smoother control with jumper position in air, to moment when my accelerometer was starting to going crazy after phone fall from my bagpack.(from that time, on redmi 6 calibrate accelerometer was not helping at all, same situation with my friend phone that have gyroscope similar probblem)
Like i said, xiaomi fix my phone so now on for me its not change that i need. But still from time to time people repport me same problem that i had earlier, if they phones are after warranty and if they won't be able to change sensor game will use - they will be simply forced to stop playing DSJ2 Mobile or buy new phone, i was not jumping for 2 months because of sensor issiue.

Also Jussi, couple people was asking me do i also have a problem with going to replay after jumps, and to be honest i do sometimes.
Maybe You can make "button" to it a little bigger? It's visible only after jump so it won't be coliding with vision in jumps,etc.
And its a really big problem for people jumping in tournaments when they try to use replay glich to find a good wind for xx jumps, and when they finally have it, they loose it after couple of jumpes because off missclicking rep button.
U know how it is in DSJ 2 - wind serching was 100% legal in all tournaments in old days, still is.
So i don't see a reazon to favorite people with bigger screens in phones - its eazier to push rep button on 6.5" or 10" tablet then on 4" smartphone.
Or Maybe its time to add another competition option in game? We got team and individual cup + practice.
Its fine, when somebody wonna play with bots, or have they friend next to them. But in online competition everyone loose a lot of time for wind serching.
A lot of people have skill to compet but they dont wanna spend half of time looking for wind, especialy when its so eazy to missclick and ruin that work.
Maybe new option like "Record breaker" or something. Where people will be ablle to set starting wind?
That will be also game changer for all new players who don't know how to serch winds, and loose motivation to play after first compare they records with people in internet.
If we wanna have situation where everyone have same chance to jump "over limits" something needs to be changed in my opinion. Its better when pure "in game skill" have more impact. I prefer to loose in tournament with someone better then me, then win with him because i have x time more to spend on wind serching.
In DSJ 2 tournaments was jumping as a Chicken RAPisT from summer 2002 till +- begining of 2004 year.